2012 Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tourney

bigbean24

Well, Union did well in the first game in Bridgeport (BTW, the missed goal for Michigan State was a bogus call) and if you are a Miami of Ohio fan, you may want to find a place to hide as UMass Lowell is beating them down.

Ugh, despite being a product of the UMass system, I still can't stand Lowell.

I understand I'm in a college hockey hotbed, but it's got a rather nice following around here. NESN carries Hockey East every weekend so you get a good feel for the teams. Not too familiar with anyone west of Amherst they get very little coverage here. I guess the way you make a college hockey popularity argument depends strongly on location.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/Puts on ESPNU

//UMass Lowell-Miami game is still on

///Sees Cornell score on bottom right hand corner

////Puts back on basketball

Sigh... guess it's looking like a traditional "Cornell loses 7-2 in the NCAA Tournament" type of game

I'd put back on the UML-Miami game, Dougie Carr is putting on an absolute clinic in net right now.

/Puts on ESPNU

//UMass Lowell-Miami game is still on

///Sees Cornell score on bottom right hand corner

////Puts back on basketball

Sigh... guess it's looking like a traditional "Cornell loses 7-2 in the NCAA Tournament" type of game

Disregard this entire post :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

How much are tickets to this? I don't have a lot of interest in hockey (although I have attended Bolts games), but does the sport usually follow others- meaning, the college games are usually better than the professional ones? Thinking about attending since I'm only a couple minutes from TBT Forum.

Cornell won? Oh well, any time Michigan loses in any sport it's worth being happy about. :)

As for today, the Northeast and West regionals begin while in the East Regional final, it's Union against UMass-Lowell (I personally want UML to win for no other reason then the fact that I like their logo) and in the Midwest it's Ferris State against Cornell.

Don't forget people there's a CCSLCer who is playing in this tournament and is a Hobey finalist. ... Even though he hasn't been active in the past couple of years.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Don't forget people there's a CCSLCer who is playing in this tournament and is a Hobey finalist. ... Even though he hasn't been active in the past couple of years.

Who?

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

...there's a huge college hockey following in Wisconsin (every Frozen Four match thats ever been played at the Bradley Center has sold out) that the WCHA doesn't want to miss out on.

No offense, but every Frozen Four since '00 (excluding Detroit two years ago, but come on, the got 35,000 per game) has been a sell out (including "hockey Mad" Columbus, OH, St. Louis, and Washington, DC). You'd do better touting UW's nation leading attendance than touting local Frozen Four attendance.

I wasn't aware that it had become the norm for the Frozen Four to sell out, but I remember it being a pretty big deal the first two times the BC hosted in '93 and '97... or at least big enough for SI to do a write-up about it.

The Frozen Four is set... Semifinal #1 has Union facing Ferris State in a battle of newcomers while Semifinal #2 is a battle of the old guard as Minnesota faces Boston College.

It seems so poetic that each of the four big conferences (ECAC, Hockey East, WCHA and CCHA) has one of their schools in the Frozen Four

I'm hoping for a Union or Ferris State national title because Minnesota and Boston College are two of my least favorite NCAA hockey programs. Really though, I don't care that much because Miami and Michigan were already eliminated and that's really all that counts.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think people outside of college care about college hockey. It's kind of not good.

I watch more college hockey than NHL. I may be biased but it's just fine to me watching the best conference in the nation, the wcha.

That's not how you spell Hockey East.

Of course, that would've been better had I not been posting this after Maine and BU were eliminated.

Speaking of teams I support losing in the first round, I have no dog in this race anymore. I can't support BC because :censored: BC. So...Minnesota? Union? IDFK.

On the bright side, that was UMaine's first tourney appearance since '07. I can't believe they let the drought go through four seasons.

spacer.png

Archived