2012 Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tourney

bigbean24

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unionwagonging! Let's go Dutchmen!

I am a graduate of RPI. Union is our hated rival.

I got lambasted on Twitter the other day for rooting for Union. They beat us five times this year. When your team is out, you root for the conference.

I'm sticking to it. Union/Ferris is going to be one heck of a battle. Fun bracket. Our head coach played goal for Ferris, who beat Denver where he was an assistant coach. To then play Union, the crosstown rival.

College hockey fans are like no other.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Schenectady. I have seen Union rise from the debacle of Ned Harkness in the 70s to DIII greatness to DI to now. The smallest school in the Frozen Four. The OLDEST school in the Frozen Four.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I live in Schenectady. I have seen Union rise from the debacle of Ned Harkness in the 70s to DIII greatness to DI to now. The smallest school in the Frozen Four. The OLDEST school in the Frozen Four.

And now, the first team OUT of the Frozen Four, as Ferris State advances to the final!

BC currently leading Minny 1-0. Other than BC's early goal it's been a solid goaltenders' duel. Not a big defensive struggle as both teams are getting good chances.

CCSLC signature.png

And now, the first team OUT of the Frozen Four, as Ferris State advances to the final!

BC currently leading Minny 1-0. Other than BC's early goal it's been a solid goaltenders' duel. Not a big defensive struggle as both teams are getting good chances.

6-1 Eagles to set up BC versus FSU (but not an ACC matchup)

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Let's go BC!!

Johnny Gaudreau and Bill Arnold, only reason I'm paying any atttention to this tournament. I really wish somebody up here was showing the final.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just like in mens' basketball, the #1 team going in won the whole thing.

Congrats to the Eagles. 4-1 over Ferris State, but a good amount of the final was spent with BC nursing a 2-1 advantage and on penalty killing duty.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I'm pretty sure that if BC had the chances that Ferris had tonight, they would've put up 6. FSU couldn't convert on either of their breakaways or either of their two-on-one rushes where they got in on net and it really did cost them.

But goddamn, BC's good. I hate to say it as a Notre Dame fan, but you've gotta give credit where credit's due. Ever since they got swept by Maine, BC's been hands down the best team in the nation. And that was a sick goal to ice it for the Eagles.

Fun time down here in Tampa for the championship, though. Great host city after all. ^_^

lets_go_red aka Troy Grosenick, the goalie for Union.

And he had the #2 play on SportsCenter's Top 10. CCSLCers are making it big!

And he was named to the First Team All-American East team in addition to keeping Union in it Thursday night, so congratulations to Troy!

6fQjS3M.png

Great game last night for BC and congrats once again to Tommy Cross whom I grew up playing with and against. Definitely deserves this in his senior year.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived