Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

So this promotional NJ Nets video for their final season in Jersey shows all the different logos they've had throughout the years. At the end, the 35 year anniversary logo morphs into a new shape unlike any logo the team has had. Could this be a silhouette of the Brooklyn logo?

Here's the video

and here's a screencap of the silhouette

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Leaving New Jersey is the best thing to ever happen to the Nets. NJ isn't a pro-sports market.

I know, but I'd rather talk about that topic later. I don't think their are many "shield" shape logos in the NBA. This could be a first, but correct me if I am wrong!

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I'm hoping it's a blue, orange and yellow shield with white text and some random streaks of color behind it.

edit: also, I'm curious if they'll have a blowout sale on some of their NJ unis.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Leaving New Jersey is the best thing to ever happen to the Nets. NJ isn't a pro-sports market.

I know, but I'd rather talk about that topic later. I don't think their are many "shield" shape logos in the NBA. This could be a first, but correct me if I am wrong!

Do Mavs and Kings count? They're a little more "busy" than just a simple shield, but they do incorporate one.

The teaser silhouete looks eerily similar to a 2d version of what the Nets currently use (minus the rim) and I do hope they didn't go the lazy route and just flatten what they have now. Then again the anniversary logo they're using this season has a simiar shape as well.

Again I'm scared of what's coming.

Black and white makes me think they are going to steal the Heat's idea for the all black uniforms, which I really don't want to see.

Most of the New York teams do a blue and orange look because that's the color of the NYC flag. I would have probably done a light navy and yellow color scheme because those are the colors of the Brooklyn city seal as the colors of the New Jersey state flag which would be a nice understated connection to the team's past. I highly doubt that's the direction they went in though. I think they want to shed all of their New Jersey identity and anything blue or red.

ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gifkhmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gifhvkhsaffs9x9zre7gku4vmnte.gifg9agfgof0kzui4u445wrsj3e5.gifbahmh46cyy6eod2jez4g21buk.gif

Phoenix and Portland may be long shots, but it could also be argued that Milwaukee could vaguely be considered a shield as well...

I'm hoping it's a blue, orange and yellow shield with white text and some random streaks of color behind it.

I'd hazard to guess that a logo like that would receive a thunderous ovation.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Agree to Disagree. Two NFL Teams and an NHL franchise with three Cups.

Not bad.

The Nets are just an awful organization... Good riddance.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived