Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Most leaks happen from licensees, needing to ready the new product for market.

The only way to avoid leaks is to hold off on all merchandise until some weeks or months after the unveiling, which no team will agree to.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Most leaks happen from licensees, needing to ready the new product for market.

The only way to avoid leaks is to hold off on all merchandise until some weeks or months after the unveiling, which no team will agree to.

Just introduce the jerseys when you have decided. Takes an hour to have a few jerseys printed.

Seriously, that's dumb. I'm sure a ton of sales occur on the day of or immediately after an unveiling. If you wait a month or more, the "I need to have the latest thing!" effect is gone, and I would wager that the extra sales generated by the "pop" would be lost.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seriously, that's dumb. I'm sure a ton of sales occur on the day of or immediately after an unveiling. If you wait a month or more, the "I need to have the latest thing!" effect is gone, and I would wager that the extra sales generated by the "pop" would be lost.

Hey, Vet... I already miss the Little-Person-From-GameofThrones avatar. I was enjoying reading all your posts in his voice.

Looks like the official uniform set is also using the shield logo with the bold 'Nets' font:

A4Ix0pgCIAIcWdZ.jpg

Okay, so now I find this variable font thickness thing to be annoying. I think the thin font does a better job of capturing the aesthetic they were going for, whereas the thick font looks more at-home in a traditional sports graphic setting. They both have their strengths. But the Nets should just pick one and call it a day.

I've ben saying since the original unveiling that I expect the Nets to treat the Shield logo the same way the Wizards and Jazz treat their "Primary" in other words almost never ever seen. However, putting that logo on the shorts basically confirms that they are treating that as at least a co-primary as the circle-B logo. So, I was completely wrong on this one. They are definitely using that shield logo way more than I thought they would.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

They are definitely using that shield logo way more than I thought they would.

Im glad they are doing that. The secondary logo is really cool but on its own it just doesn't work that well because everything else in their identity is so focused on Brooklyn name.

The shield logo shifts scale towards Nets brand a little which is why i would also like to see it on the court at each end (just like how Nuggets have their primary logo at each end of the floor and have the secondary in the middle).

• 3 months later...

Stills- a very good design with the black and gold. I really like the upgrade. I do like brooklyn's simplicity and you did the same.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived