Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cujo

Tebow Watch 2012

223 posts in this topic

Now that Peyton Manning has signed and Tim Tebow is on Elway's chopping block, these are teams who are rumored suitors:

- Dolphins

- Jaguars

- Jets

- Packers

- Patriots

I can see him landing somewhere in Florida, but I can't imagine how he'd fit in on a team like the Packers, as a quarterback anyways.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats

No, seriously, if he ever goes to the CFL, they have his rights.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Is there a website where I can see what CFL team have a certain players rights?

Now that Peyton Manning has signed and Tim Tebow is on Elway's chopping block, these are teams who are rumored suitors:

- Dolphins

- Jaguars

- Jets

- Packers

- Patriots

I can see him landing somewhere in Florida, but I can't imagine how he'd fit in on a team like the Packers, as a quarterback anyways.

- Dolphins: already have Garrard

- Jaguars: already have Gabbert

- Jets: have Sanchez

- Packers: have Rodgers and traditional system

- Patriots: have McDaniels, who drafted Tebow, Belechick has showed interest in him, former teammates in Lloyd, Hernandez, Spikes, and Belechick likes to do unorthodox things(defensive players on offense, end-arounds, etc)

The Pats might be in the lead to sign him, though of course I'm biased

I think the Pats could well sign him. They like "projects". But Tebow beware - they also have a tendency to throw players away if the risk doesn't pan out.

The Packers pride themselves on building quarterbacks. But can even they overhaul his throwing? I'm very skeptical.

I think he could make a good football player, just not a good quarterback. Best case would be to go somewhere that could make him a running back and very (very) occasional option passer. Or someplace like the Dolphins or possibly the Jaguars, where they'd gladly welcome the freak show if it means getting more column inches in the local paper.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Is there a website where I can see what CFL team have a certain players rights?

No. They're private to the team.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/from-the-sidelines/cfl-doing-fans-a-disservice/article1308623/

And here's where I got the Tebow article

http://www.thespec.com/sports/article/690413--tim-tebow-a-ticat

NFL.com said the Bills are the most logical because of a coach that would know how to use Tebow right.

As much as I want to see him be a Pat, I can't see it happening. I see Tebow as a definite starter so that takes the Jets, Packers and Pats out of the mix. I say Miami, Jags and maybe the 49ers to be most likely to get him.

maybe the 49ers to be most likely to get him.

San Francisco has already come out and stated that they aren't interested in any Tebow Time.

San Francisco has already come out and stated that they aren't interested in any Tebow Time.

Plus the 49ers & Alex Smith just agreed to a deal

I didn't know that.

Unless they just give up on Fitzpatrick, can't see the Bills doing that.

And Gabbert had a particularly awful rookie season. And the new owner Khan would definitely welcome the buzz and fanbase that would come in droves because of Tebowmania, ESPECIALLY in his hometown. Like Jesus going to Bethlehem.

...Sorry I had to.

- Dolphins

- Jaguars

- Jets

- Packers

- Patriots

- Patriots: have McDaniels, who drafted Tebow, Belechick has showed interest in him, former teammates in Lloyd, Hernandez, Spikes, and Belechick likes to do unorthodox things(defensive players on offense, end-arounds, etc)

Well those two things shouldn't stop anyone from doing anything. Garrard only has a one year deal and is coming off of having just missed a year for surgery on a herniated disk. I think the general perception of Blaine Gabbert is that his timidity in the pocket is beyond repair. He did not look like he can be a good NFL QB. The bottom line is that those are two teams that could use the boost that Tebow would provide their fanbase and, like the Titans pursuit of Peyton Manning, regardless of who else in the franchise wants the guy, if the owner says go get him, they're going to try and get him.

Tebow to Jacksonville makes way too much sense.

NFL.com said the Bills are the most logical because of a coach that would know how to use Tebow right.

I would love it. And given how many snaps Brad Smith had last year, he would actually have a logical role in the offense.

If someone just used Tebow as a tight end/fullback, he'd probably be pretty effective, since he's good at charging through guys, but throws a ball like a 7th grade girl. This is not exactly one of the tougher reclamation projects out there.

If someone just used Tebow as a tight end/fullback, he'd probably be pretty effective, since he's good at charging through guys, but throws a ball like a 7th grade girl. This is not exactly one of the tougher reclamation projects out there.

I dunno, there's always a chance he could pull an Eric Crouch and ragequit.

- Dolphins

- Jaguars

- Jets

- Packers

- Patriots

Patriots have this guy named Tom Brady. Plus Ryan Mallet.

Yeah, but that doesn't matter unless you want Tebow to throw the ball. Which they wouldn't.

My guess would be he goes to either Jacksonville or New England. I could definitely see Khan making a play for him because he's always liked him and would help get people to come to actually watch and sell merchandise. I think his best chance to succeed would be New England. He might not see the field much but I think Belichick would put together a few good packages to get him involved.

This Jets fan:

+1.

From what I'm reading, the Jets would be interested in Tebow with the purpose of reviving the "WildJet" which was somehwat effective during Brad Smith's days with the team.

This Jets fan:

+1.

From what I'm reading, the Jets would be interested in Tebow with the purpose of reviving the "WildJet" which was somehwat effective during Brad Smith's days with the team.

The second Tebow becomes a Jet is the second the Jets have a QB controversy. No matter how much they talk about the wildcat.

The Denver Broncos are expected to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to either the New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars by midday Wednesday, Orlando's WKMG-TV reported, citing a source close to the NFL star.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

--

Jacksonville just makes too much sense for it not to happen. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. GO TO JACKSONVILLE!

I've heard rumors of Tebow to New England. If that happens, my relationship with my beloved Patriots (and probably football in general) is on hiatus until reverend Tim is gone.

I'm sure Tim would love being a Jet. Getting called a :censored: ing Jesus-loving :censored: head :censored: by his coach, then awkwardly catching Rex staring longingly at his feet in the locker room, having to endure Cromartie's endless impregnating of every girl in a Tebow jersey.

Sounds like a blast.

The second Tebow becomes a Jet is the second the Jets have a QB controversy. No matter how much they talk about the wildcat.

They absolutely will which is why I don't understand their interest in him. Then again no team will ever admit they have a QB controversy even when its clear as to day everyone else they do, so I could absolutely see the Jets talking themselves into believing that if they brought Tebow in nobody would ever question whether or not he should take over for Mark Sanchez.

But I do think he will end up in Jacksonville. Financially they stand the most to gain, its where Tebow would probably most like to play, and it would give the Jaguars an identity something I'm not sure if they've ever had even when they were one of the NFL's best teams in the late 90's-early 2000's. College football is king in that area and probably always will be, but at least for a little while the Jags could keep up if they had the greatest Florida college player of all-time.