• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 Cujo

Cujo
  • The Bad Guy

• Members
  • 17,730 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:17

Now that Peyton Manning has signed and Tim Tebow is on Elway's chopping block, these are teams who are rumored suitors:

- Dolphins
- Jaguars
- Jets
- Packers
- Patriots

I can see him landing somewhere in Florida, but I can't imagine how he'd fit in on a team like the Packers, as a quarterback anyways.

abq_sig_red.png

cujo_twitter.png

#2 nash61

nash61
  • Gator Bait

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

• Favourite Logos:Johnny Canuck, Hartford Whalers, Lady Liberty, Stinger, Pre-Edge London Knights, Philadelphia Eagles, Florida Gators

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:24

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats

No, seriously, if he ever goes to the CFL, they have his rights.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12

IyKVbXA.png

#3 NEW.ERA

NEW.ERA
  • Young Gunz 2

• Members
  • 12,652 posts

• Favourite Logos:Baltimore Orioles "Cartoon Bird"
      Toronto Blue Jays "New/Old Jay"
      Stockton Thunder
      Alaska Aces
      Hartford Whalers

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:29

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Is there a website where I can see what CFL team have a certain players rights?

92129aa3-1564-40b2-867e-f5c99a4df974_zps

Flames|Packers|Blue Bombers|Blue Jays|Crimson Tide|Newcastle United|KNVB

#4 fouhy12

fouhy12
  • Let's party.

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:39

Now that Peyton Manning has signed and Tim Tebow is on Elway's chopping block, these are teams who are rumored suitors:

- Dolphins
- Jaguars
- Jets
- Packers
- Patriots

I can see him landing somewhere in Florida, but I can't imagine how he'd fit in on a team like the Packers, as a quarterback anyways.

- Dolphins: already have Garrard
- Jaguars: already have Gabbert
- Jets: have Sanchez
- Packers: have Rodgers and traditional system
- Patriots: have McDaniels, who drafted Tebow, Belechick has showed interest in him, former teammates in Lloyd, Hernandez, Spikes, and Belechick likes to do unorthodox things(defensive players on offense, end-arounds, etc)

The Pats might be in the lead to sign him, though of course I'm biased

fouhy12.png
michigan_sig.png

#5 Gothamite

Gothamite
  • Thirteen.

• Members
  • 21,322 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:50

I think the Pats could well sign him. They like "projects". But Tebow beware - they also have a tendency to throw players away if the risk doesn't pan out.

The Packers pride themselves on building quarterbacks. But can even they overhaul his throwing? I'm very skeptical.

I think he could make a good football player, just not a good quarterback. Best case would be to go somewhere that could make him a running back and very (very) occasional option passer. Or someplace like the Dolphins or possibly the Jaguars, where they'd gladly welcome the freak show if it means getting more column inches in the local paper.

#6 nash61

nash61
  • Gator Bait

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

• Favourite Logos:Johnny Canuck, Hartford Whalers, Lady Liberty, Stinger, Pre-Edge London Knights, Philadelphia Eagles, Florida Gators

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:51

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Is there a website where I can see what CFL team have a certain players rights?

No. They're private to the team.
http://www.theglobea...article1308623/

And here's where I got the Tebow article
http://www.thespec.c...m-tebow-a-ticat

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12

IyKVbXA.png

#7 bigbean24

bigbean24
  • Recreational League

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:57

NFL.com said the Bills are the most logical because of a coach that would know how to use Tebow right.

xcelsunsetpano-1_zps88975e97.jpg
                                              Twins, Wild, Ravens, Gophers, Swarm, Timberwolves
                                                                                                               Minnesota Rivermen (ULL) Saint Paul Pioneers (GHA)

#8 sportstar1212

sportstar1212
  • Let's Go B's!

• Members
  • 3,491 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Blackhawks
      Montreal Expos
      New England Patriots "Pat Patriot"
      Boston Celtics
      Hockey Canada 2010

Posted March 20, 2012 - 19:58

As much as I want to see him be a Pat, I can't see it happening. I see Tebow as a definite starter so that takes the Jets, Packers and Pats out of the mix. I say Miami, Jags and maybe the 49ers to be most likely to get him.

SSs78Ju.png

#9 Cujo

Cujo
  • The Bad Guy

• Members
  • 17,730 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 20:05

maybe the 49ers to be most likely to get him.

San Francisco has already come out and stated that they aren't interested in any Tebow Time.

abq_sig_red.png

cujo_twitter.png

#10 DarkJourney

DarkJourney
  • Trust me, I know what I'm doing

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 20:24

San Francisco has already come out and stated that they aren't interested in any Tebow Time.

Plus the 49ers & Alex Smith just agreed to a deal

#11 sportstar1212

sportstar1212
  • Let's Go B's!

• Members
  • 3,491 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Blackhawks
      Montreal Expos
      New England Patriots "Pat Patriot"
      Boston Celtics
      Hockey Canada 2010

Posted March 20, 2012 - 20:38

I didn't know that.

SSs78Ju.png

#12 Saint Zephyr III

Saint Zephyr III

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 20:47

Unless they just give up on Fitzpatrick, can't see the Bills doing that.

And Gabbert had a particularly awful rookie season. And the new owner Khan would definitely welcome the buzz and fanbase that would come in droves because of Tebowmania, ESPECIALLY in his hometown. Like Jesus going to Bethlehem.

...Sorry I had to.
THE EPIC SHOWDOWN between the year's most disappointing team and a team with a losing record that had to get a waiver to compete...WOOHOO!

Posted Image

#13 See Red

See Red
  • In all kinds of weather

• Members
  • 8,032 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 20:52

- Dolphins
- Jaguars
- Jets
- Packers
- Patriots

- Patriots: have McDaniels, who drafted Tebow, Belechick has showed interest in him, former teammates in Lloyd, Hernandez, Spikes, and Belechick likes to do unorthodox things(defensive players on offense, end-arounds, etc)

Well those two things shouldn't stop anyone from doing anything. Garrard only has a one year deal and is coming off of having just missed a year for surgery on a herniated disk. I think the general perception of Blaine Gabbert is that his timidity in the pocket is beyond repair. He did not look like he can be a good NFL QB. The bottom line is that those are two teams that could use the boost that Tebow would provide their fanbase and, like the Titans pursuit of Peyton Manning, regardless of who else in the franchise wants the guy, if the owner says go get him, they're going to try and get him.

Tebow to Jacksonville makes way too much sense.

florida_gators.gif

#14 DG_Now

DG_Now
  • Operator, number, please; it's been so many years

• Members
  • 13,529 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 21:02

NFL.com said the Bills are the most logical because of a coach that would know how to use Tebow right.

I would love it. And given how many snaps Brad Smith had last year, he would actually have a logical role in the offense.
Posted Image

#15 the admiral

the admiral
  • BALEETED

• Members
  • 18,652 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 21:06

If someone just used Tebow as a tight end/fullback, he'd probably be pretty effective, since he's good at charging through guys, but throws a ball like a 7th grade girl. This is not exactly one of the tougher reclamation projects out there.
Indeed the perception of hockey outside of Canada can be cruel as the world sees it as a bunch of thugs on skates fighting each other while a band of drunken hooligans watch and it only matters during the Winter Olympics even though nobody really cares about that version of the Olympics.

#16 rams80

rams80
  • The 2013 Rams

• Members
  • 19,012 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 23:22

If someone just used Tebow as a tight end/fullback, he'd probably be pretty effective, since he's good at charging through guys, but throws a ball like a 7th grade girl. This is not exactly one of the tougher reclamation projects out there.

I dunno, there's always a chance he could pull an Eric Crouch and ragequit.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.

Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert
POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

#17 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 23:23

This Jets fan:

#18 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 23:26

- Dolphins
- Jaguars
- Jets
- Packers
- Patriots

Patriots have this guy named Tom Brady. Plus Ryan Mallet.

#19 Gothamite

Gothamite
  • Thirteen.

• Members
  • 21,322 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 23:28

Yeah, but that doesn't matter unless you want Tebow to throw the ball. Which they wouldn't.

#20 Billy B

Billy B
  • Is it football season yet?

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 00:11

My guess would be he goes to either Jacksonville or New England. I could definitely see Khan making a play for him because he's always liked him and would help get people to come to actually watch and sell merchandise. I think his best chance to succeed would be New England. He might not see the field much but I think Belichick would put together a few good packages to get him involved.
Posted Image