Tebow Watch 2012

Cujo

On 3/21/2012 at 1:28 PM, WSU151 said:
On 3/21/2012 at 0:52 PM, OnWis97 said:
On 3/21/2012 at 0:03 PM, WSU151 said:
On 3/21/2012 at 11:59 AM, Lights Out said:
On 3/21/2012 at 11:20 AM, WSU151 said:

Funny how Kurt Warner was never treated the same way Tebow is being treated. I don't think anyone ever said "Keep that religious nut Warner away from my team!" or "I'm never going to be a fan of the Cardinals because Warner is a religious nut bag".

You know why Warner wasn't criticized like Tebow is being criticized? He never put displays of individual faith above the team, and never used prayer as a brazen attempt to garner publicity. He never used his celebrity as a platform to spread the ignorant message of hate groups such as Focus on the Family. Instead, he quietly started a foundation that helps developmentally-disabled children, single parents, and children's hospitals. As an atheist, I can respect that kind of classy, real approach to religious faith.

You need to watch more clips of Kurt Warner, apparently. Don't let that selective memory of yours fool you.

Guys doing this after the game is one thing. The question is whether they can keep it at bay in the locker room.

Religion didn't seem to bother the Steelers' lockerroom on their way to winning SB XL. And nobody seemed to be outraged that Bill Cowher forced his religion on his team.

I'm simply saying it can cause a problem and there are stories that it has. I know the non-Christians should just keep their mouths shut, but sometimes they don't.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Tebow is gonna turn into John Rocker within minutes. Gonna be awesome.

Tebow = Retarded redneck with no common sense, an inability to deal with media & bad dental hygiene?

I think you're a little off base with that one... Tim's not gonna be telling magazines about all the single moms riding the subway with blue-haired lesbians and crackheads... He's a little-bit more media saavy than good ol' boy Rocker...

If anything, Tebow will say how awesome it is to ride the subway with amazing people like the single moms, the blue-haired lesbians, and his new best friend, the crackhead.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Jets had to be one of the worst teams for Tebow to go to from that team's coaching/management situation. Tebow needed to either go to a team with an established QB that won't be benched under any circumstance (Patriots, Packers) or a team where he could step in and be the starter (maybe Jags.) A team with such an unstable quarterback situation like the Jets will be terrible from a media standpoint. Any slip up by Sanchez, and there will be more than a few of those, and the Tebow nuts and media will be clamoring for Tebow. I like watching Tebow play and I'm not a fan of Sanchez at all, so I'd like to see him get on the field, but I can't see this going well at all for the Jets.

Absolutely. Teams that have shaky confidence in their starters tend to have fanbases that overrate the backup. This will be magnified by a million with Tebow. Forget the religion and all that stuff...the impact on Sanchez could be an issue, whereas Rodgers or Brady would never have had to worry about it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I'm simply saying it can cause a problem and there are stories that it has. I know the non-Christians should just keep their mouths shut, but sometimes they don't.

Good points.

The Twins, in the late 1980s (1988-1989 or so) were torn apart by religion. Greg Gagne had been very religious (would not join the 1987 champagne celebrations), but the word was he kept it to himself and caused no issue. Then when the Twins traded for Tommy Herr, who got to Gary Gaetti, the two of them caused a huge rift by being quite judgmental towards their teammates. Friendships were damaged, and the team declined. (I mention Gagne as an example that it CAN be OK; and Herr/Gaetti as an example that it can be a problem).

I had to google this to make sure Verne's kid didn't have a token stint with the local baseball club.

No relation (and The Twins' Greg pronounces it Gag-Knee). But Vern and tons of other wrastlers from yesteryear come from Robbinsdale, MN, the town in which I was born and raised. I am so proud.

As well you should be... some of those guys were just damned Perfect!

Good points.

One good point...one sarcastic one.

POTD (Shared)

Tim Tebow is gonna turn into John Rocker within minutes. Gonna be awesome.

Tebow = Retarded redneck with no common sense, an inability to deal with media & bad dental hygiene?

I think you're a little off base with that one... Tim's not gonna be telling magazines about all the single moms riding the subway with blue-haired lesbians and crackheads... He's a little-bit more media saavy than good ol' boy Rocker...

"I saw this person on the subway and I was really excited because he looked like he was from the Philippines and I used to live in the Philippines and I asked if I met him there and then he must have had something in his pocket that he wanted to give me but he couldn't quite find it no matter how long he looked for it so I asked if I could help him find it but I guess I didn't meet him in the Philippines because otherwise I would've cut that part off."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That is the thing. The Jets made this trade for their locker room to unite. This will do the oppisite. But hey, if this makes Rex a little bit more famous then his goal is met. Rex loves the attention and part of me thinks this is why he pushed for this. He loves the circus.

This is an owner move. Just like Favre was. Woody Johnson can stand playing second fiddle to the Giants.

Good points.

One good point...one sarcastic one.

Well, there really isn't a difference between non-Christians telling Christians to keep their mouth shut and vice-versa. There isn't a "better" side.

Jets fans, there is still hope!....

@AdamSchefter Filed to ESPN: Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade ..... If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.

6uXNWAo.png

Well, there really isn't a difference between non-Christians telling Christians to keep their mouth shut and vice-versa. There isn't a "better" side.

Sure there is - everybody stop prosthelytizing. Respect everyone else's faith enough to keep your private religious beliefs just that. Everybody wins.

Or, at the very least, don't give support and publicity to hate groups and their allies.

More from @AdamSchefter... Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling. Complex.

So what it comes down it is: Is Tim Tebow with a $5 million hit? (NO NO NO NO NO HE IS NOT!)

6uXNWAo.png

More from @AdamSchefter... Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling. Complex.

So what it comes down it is: Is Tim Tebow with a $5 million hit? (NO NO NO NO NO HE IS NOT!)

A $5 million hit? Wow! What a price for a bounty....

I saw, I came, I left.

Sure there is - everybody stop prosthelytizing. Respect everyone else's faith enough to keep your private religious beliefs just that. Everybody wins.

Respect everyone's faith while they make fun of yours and tell you to shut up. Yeah, that seems fair. Everyone wins. :rolleyes: You can't be this blind, Goth.

Archived