Tebow Watch 2012

Cujo

do we really need to beat the dead horse that is his religious beliefs?

How is it any different than every time TO's name used to come up (when he was relevant) people brought up his locker-room shenanigans and personality issues. It's a big part of who he is, it divides the fan base, and can divide the locker room (both from a religious perspective and also because some players may not appreciate the way he hogs the spotlight and all of his Tebowing schtick.)

His religious beliefs are NOT relevant to any discussion - his religious expression, which is an extension of said beliefs, absolutely IS relevant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never heard him say those words.

Hating the guy because he happens to be religious seems odd. I'm not religious at ALL, by the way, but I always found it ironic that the people who bash Jesus Freaks will defend Muhammadites.

Be consistant with your religious hatred, dammit... :P

Hey, some of us are! :D

I despise Focus on the Family (and the Heritage Foundation, and other anti-gay hate groups). Tebow's association with them, even if it was just one ad, is enough for me to understand the content of his character when it comes to my civil rights.

I refuse to tolerate the opinions of those who refuse to grant me my rights.

spacer.png

Or worse, actively work to take your rights away.

These are the people Tim decided to get in bed with.

Yup. It's a shame, too, he could've used his position as the most famous evangelical person in the country as a platform for spreading tolerance and acceptance, especially among the evangelical crowd.

Instead, he allies himself with a hate group.

Tis a shame.

And that's why I won't be supporting the Patriots anymore if he comes to Foxborough.

spacer.png

Keep Tebow-bashing away. It's worked so well for all of you haters thus far.

Yes, because clearly anyone who critiques Tebow's sanctimony and his choice of company expects that their opinions will make him go away.

Yes, because clearly anyone who critiques Tebow's sanctimony and his choice of company expects that their opinions will make him go away.

I'm not even referring to that. I just find it so obvious that he thrives on people constantly telling him he's no good... It fuels his fire, and people keep adding to it.

The Denver Broncos are expected to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to either the New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars by midday Wednesday, Orlando's WKMG-TV reported, citing a source close to the NFL star.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

Tebow's not going to the Jets. Can't see it happening after the extention they just gave Sanchez. Plus, I believe Rex is tired of the circus and at this point just wants to win. Signing Tebs would totally go against that.

And if the Jaguars drop the ball on this, they should immediately be bannished to Los Angeles!

6uXNWAo.png

The real irony, of course, is that for all the fear-mongering it isn't Muslims trying to impose Sharia law in this country. It's Tebow's playmates and their ilk.

Not at all. And give it up, all the recent fear-mongering against religion of late from your ilk is because Obama got smacked down after trying to unconstitutionally impose that religious businesses actively support things they consider immoral. That's where all the feet stomping tamtrums have come from. Not opposition to interest groups wanting to do away with abortion, not opposition to groups wanting to take away the right for women to take birth control, but because people objected to the churches being forced to provide for such things. "It's not enough that they could pay for it themselves or work elsewhere, we want our way, damnit!" You are someone who I disagree with, but you come off as relatively intelligent (as opposed to other pseudo-intellectuals in this very thread), but making a comment like that is either intentionally obtuse or profoundly ignorant. You might want to read a little more about Sharia law.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm not even referring to that. I just find it so obvious that he thrives on people constantly telling him he's no good... It fuels his fire, and people keep adding to it.

If 2011 was how he plays with a "fueled fire" I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Well, when his opinions seem to include that women and gay people are second-class citizens, some people aren't going to like that!

You have any quotes?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well, when his opinions seem to include that women and gay people are second-class citizens, some people aren't going to like that!

You have any quotes?

Actions speak louder than words. Tebow's fervent support of a disgusting hate group like Focus on the Family shows far more of his character and tolerance than a soundbyte or controlled public statement ever could.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The real irony, of course, is that for all the fear-mongering it isn't Muslims trying to impose Sharia law in this country. It's Tebow's playmates and their ilk.

Not at all. And give it up, all the recent fear-mongering against religion of late from your ilk is because Obama got smacked down after trying to unconstitutionally impose that religious businesses actively support things they consider immoral. That's where all the feet stomping tamtrums have come from. Not opposition to interest groups wanting to do away with abortion, not opposition to groups wanting to take away the right for women to take birth control, but because people objected to the churches being forced to provide for such things. "It's not enough that they could pay for it themselves or work elsewhere, we want our way, damnit!" You are someone who I disagree with, but you come off as relatively intelligent (as opposed to other pseudo-intellectuals in this very thread), but making a comment like that is either intentionally obtuse or profoundly ignorant. You might want to read a little more about Sharia law.

Since you brought it up, health insurance is a form of compensation. It's no more right for a business to manage your prescriptions than it is for them to tell you how to spend your money. And by making that argument, they are in fact trying to make their religious values policy for everyone. And that's why groups like FooF aren't good for democracy or evolution of mind and character.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

His religious beliefs are NOT relevant to any discussion - his religious expression, which is an extension of said beliefs, absolutely IS relevant.

Not really, and if it IS relevant, it's hypocrisy at its finest. Many athletes are uber-religious. They thank God and Jesus as often as possible, point to the sky, etc etc etc and never receive the hate that Tebow gets.

Tebow not the most religious player in the NFL

And again...

And get ready for the anti-religious to burn down Drew Brees' house:

Only so long as he keeps pumping them.

It's not his faith but what he does to promote it that is relevant here.

Funny how Kurt Warner was never treated the same way Tebow is being treated. I don't think anyone ever said "Keep that religious nut Warner away from my team!" or "I'm never going to be a fan of the Cardinals because Warner is a religious nut bag".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Since you brought it up, health insurance is a form of compensation. It's no more right for a business to manage your prescriptions than it is for them to tell you how to spend your money. And by making that argument, they are in fact trying to make their religious values policy for everyone. And that's why groups like FooF aren't good for democracy or evolution of mind and character.

But at the same time, many companies decide what they will and will not cover on their employee plan. For example many companies will not cover elective procedures on their health plan and birth control and abortion in most cases are elective and not necessary. Health insurance is "a form of compensations" but it is also a benefit.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

If 2011 was how he plays with a "fueled fire" I don't think there's anything to worry about.

You mean going 7-4 and beating the Steelers in the playoffs? You could make the case that is more than Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, or Sam Bradford have accomplished in their careers thus far. (Not saying it is or isn't, just the case could be made)

Yeah, maybe we should all become ignorant homophobic Focus on the Family supporters like Timmy just because he rode the defense to a few fluke comeback wins last season. WOOOO FOOTBALL!!!

And what does this have to do with Tebow's skill set as a quarterback? Did he not make strides from year one to year two? Who's to say he won't improve from year two to year three?

Not really, and if it IS relevant, it's hypocrisy at its finest. Many athletes are uber-religious. They thank God and Jesus as often as possible, point to the sky, etc etc etc and never receive the hate that Tebow gets.

Right... that's why the entire idea that people are criticizing Tebow for being a Christian are, at best, misinformed and why the corporate media's framing of the issue has been completely off the mark.

Archived