Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bucknut40

Olympic Uniforms

21 posts in this topic

I know the Olympics are almost 4 months away but I was curious to see what countries have revealed as there uniforms for the various events. The only thing I have seen is the USA basketball uniforms

Swimming will feature some pretty sweet marks. I'll put them up as we get closer to the Games.

I quite like our uniforms. Bit stylised for some I guess but its nicely done.

I like GB's tennis shirts but those basketball jerseys are just plain awful.

I'm thinking the basketball set should've left the green blue out. Its serviceable though. Red looks like a side item that the designers didn't want to use.

Those basketball uniforms are terrible I feel as though Australia is going to get something similar to that going by what Adidas has been doing with College uniforms using the same templates. :evil::cursing::mad::censored::angered:

Actually the basketball uni is one of my favourites!! I like them all on reflection, the 'union flag' elements work better on some uniforms than others, but I think its a decent set of outfits, and will look pretty distinctive in the games.

Actually the basketball uni is one of my favourites!! I like them all on reflection, the 'union flag' elements work better on some uniforms than others, but I think its a decent set of outfits, and will look pretty distinctive in the games.

I agree

I think the Great Britain stuff looks pretty good on the individual sport uniforms, but is a little too much for the team sports. I think it's just the aesthetic of the sports that team sports have clean, distinctive looks while you're able to go a little more out there design-wise for the individual sports.

Those basketball uniforms are terrible I feel as though Australia is going to get something similar to that going by what Adidas has been doing with College uniforms using the same templates. :evil::cursing::mad::censored::angered:

adidas didn't design them, Stella Mccartney did.

Do the basketball jerseys have spandex shorts or a unitard? I have seen this in international women's basketball and think it looks horrible. This would be the first time I have seen a men's team use that style.

I hope I'm looking at another sport's uniform (the tall dude with the headband).

EDIT: The guy is wearing spikes to I guess he is track and not basketball. So then which ones are the bball unis?

Do the basketball jerseys have spandex shorts or a unitard? I have seen this in international women's basketball and think it looks horrible. This would be the first time I have seen a men's team use that style.

I hope I'm looking at another sport's uniform (the tall dude with the headband).

EDIT: The guy is wearing spikes to I guess he is track and not basketball. So then which ones are the bball unis?

Yeah thats Phillips Idowu, a triple jumper. The basketball uni is in the facebook link. I can't actually find another photo of it right now though!

Yeah thats Phillips Idowu, a triple jumper. The basketball uni is in the facebook link. I can't actually find another photo of it right now though!

Here ya go

552222_10150641682892600_8833217599_9293391_616083306_n.jpg

Here ya go

Those jerseys+that ball= :puke:

I think a simple litmus test for a (team sport) jersey design should be that if it can only be pulled off with sublimation, it is a bad design.

Here ya go

This looks like a sleeveless sports shirt, paired with neutral shorts. Like a guy at the gym. Put a number on the top, and it still looks like a guy at the gym, not a uniform.

wrong thread

Australia released their olympic uniforms today

452268-olympic-uniforms.jpg

decent, at least they didn't try and go too crazy

Australia released their olympic uniforms today

452268-olympic-uniforms.jpg

decent, at least they didn't try and go too crazy

They are slightly better than the crap we had in Beijing but I still prefer Australia's 2000 and 2004 Olympic uniforms.

Here are the women's basketball uniforms as you can basically see they are using the same template as the Great britian just without the union jack splashed across it.

141987422.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C65880D107CD503729DC62D7AE44B69F8824BED14440142806149

141987424.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588DFFD75892B12883B2D7AE44B69F8824BB007B5AA12C388D6