• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 bucknut40

bucknut40
  • 12-OH!

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 10:29

I know the Olympics are almost 4 months away but I was curious to see what countries have revealed as there uniforms for the various events. The only thing I have seen is the USA basketball uniforms
Posted Image Posted Image
#RaiderUp
Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football
NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

#2 Captain Poncho

Captain Poncho

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 10:45

Swimming will feature some pretty sweet marks. I'll put them up as we get closer to the Games.

#3 Saintsfan

Saintsfan
  • Wonders why wonder why?

• Members
  • 9,139 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 06:12

The Great Britain team uniforms have been released today. Here is a link to them on facebook. And here is a link to the story on the official BOA website.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
2011/12 WFL Champions

#4 Hathaway Browne

Hathaway Browne

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 15:40

I quite like our uniforms. Bit stylised for some I guess but its nicely done.

Posted Image

#5 henburg

henburg

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 16:49

I like GB's tennis shirts but those basketball jerseys are just plain awful.

Posted Image

#6 walkerws

walkerws

• Members
  • 5,728 posts

• Favourite Logos:Kent State, Columbus Crew, Columbus Blue Jackets primary

Posted March 22, 2012 - 17:14

I'm thinking the basketball set should've left the green blue out. Its serviceable though. Red looks like a side item that the designers didn't want to use.

#7 arcane

arcane

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 04:42

Those basketball uniforms are terrible I feel as though Australia is going to get something similar to that going by what Adidas has been doing with College uniforms using the same templates. :evil: :cursing: :mad: :censored: :angered:

#8 Saintsfan

Saintsfan

• Members
  • 9,139 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 06:13

Actually the basketball uni is one of my favourites!! I like them all on reflection, the 'union flag' elements work better on some uniforms than others, but I think its a decent set of outfits, and will look pretty distinctive in the games.
Posted Image
2011/12 WFL Champions

#9 walkerws

walkerws

• Members
  • 5,728 posts

• Favourite Logos:Kent State, Columbus Crew, Columbus Blue Jackets primary

Posted March 23, 2012 - 08:00

Actually the basketball uni is one of my favourites!! I like them all on reflection, the 'union flag' elements work better on some uniforms than others, but I think its a decent set of outfits, and will look pretty distinctive in the games.

I agree

#10 Billy B

Billy B
  • Is it football season yet?

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 10:28

I think the Great Britain stuff looks pretty good on the individual sport uniforms, but is a little too much for the team sports. I think it's just the aesthetic of the sports that team sports have clean, distinctive looks while you're able to go a little more out there design-wise for the individual sports.
Posted Image

#11 spottedbadger

spottedbadger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 10:44

Those basketball uniforms are terrible I feel as though Australia is going to get something similar to that going by what Adidas has been doing with College uniforms using the same templates. :evil: :cursing: :mad: :censored: :angered:

adidas didn't design them, Stella Mccartney did.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 New_Member

New_Member

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 11:19

Do the basketball jerseys have spandex shorts or a unitard? I have seen this in international women's basketball and think it looks horrible. This would be the first time I have seen a men's team use that style.

I hope I'm looking at another sport's uniform (the tall dude with the headband).

EDIT: The guy is wearing spikes to I guess he is track and not basketball. So then which ones are the bball unis?

#13 Saintsfan

Saintsfan

• Members
  • 9,139 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 11:53

Do the basketball jerseys have spandex shorts or a unitard? I have seen this in international women's basketball and think it looks horrible. This would be the first time I have seen a men's team use that style.

I hope I'm looking at another sport's uniform (the tall dude with the headband).

EDIT: The guy is wearing spikes to I guess he is track and not basketball. So then which ones are the bball unis?

Yeah thats Phillips Idowu, a triple jumper. The basketball uni is in the facebook link. I can't actually find another photo of it right now though!
Posted Image
2011/12 WFL Champions

#14 RedSox44

RedSox44
  • Keep the Red Flag Flying High

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

• Favourite Logos:Toronto Blue Jays 2012 -
      Quebec Nordiques
      Minnesota North Stars
      Hartford Whalers
      New York Mets
      Boston Bruins (all except 1995-2007)
      New Detroit Lions

Posted March 23, 2012 - 12:48

Yeah thats Phillips Idowu, a triple jumper. The basketball uni is in the facebook link. I can't actually find another photo of it right now though!

Here ya go

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 sportstar1212

sportstar1212
  • Weltmeister!

• Members
  • 3,737 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Blackhawks
      Montreal Expos
      New England Patriots "Pat Patriot"
      Boston Celtics
      Hockey Canada 2010

Posted March 23, 2012 - 17:23

Here ya go

Posted Image

Those jerseys+that ball= :puke:

SSs78Ju.png

#16 New_Member

New_Member

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 20:53

I think a simple litmus test for a (team sport) jersey design should be that if it can only be pulled off with sublimation, it is a bad design.

#17 rtrich11

rtrich11
  • Tom Richards

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 22:08

Here ya go

Posted Image

This looks like a sleeveless sports shirt, paired with neutral shorts. Like a guy at the gym. Put a number on the top, and it still looks like a guy at the gym, not a uniform.

#18 RedSox44

RedSox44
  • Keep the Red Flag Flying High

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

• Favourite Logos:Toronto Blue Jays 2012 -
      Quebec Nordiques
      Minnesota North Stars
      Hartford Whalers
      New York Mets
      Boston Bruins (all except 1995-2007)
      New Detroit Lions

Posted March 24, 2012 - 20:37

wrong thread
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Luigi

Luigi
  • Don't Make Me Angry

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 05:53

Australia released their olympic uniforms today

Posted Image

decent, at least they didn't try and go too crazy
Posted Image Posted Image

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

#20 arcane

arcane

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 11:35

Australia released their olympic uniforms today

Posted Image

decent, at least they didn't try and go too crazy

They are slightly better than the crap we had in Beijing but I still prefer Australia's 2000 and 2004 Olympic uniforms.