New NFL logos!

dcameronh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you see this all the time in branding. in effort to unify sub brands that are out of touch from the mother brand, the unifying redesign does bring everything together into a cohesive, consistent aesthetic BUT loses all personality the sub brands ever had. its cold, stale, overly "aggresive" and will be outdated in 2 years. perfect for the NFL identity :)

im most sad about them losing that great slab serif font

heres a good case study example. this identity is pretty slick: http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/scanning_for_shapes_in_clouds.php

heres another thats ok, but NFL should still take notes: http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/whats_der_frequency.php

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Was never a fan of the NFL Network logo, with it's meaningless five stars -- but damn, I really liked the NFL Films logo. Always that one was top-notch. Too bad they're doing away with it.

6uXNWAo.png

They took the worst, least timeless aesthetic of the whole bunch (the RedZone look) and broke it out to all the other entities? No wonder the NFL's visuals are perpetually sub-par. They literally could have used their Endzone slab serif font for decades. Did't they just redesign a bunch of their other logos using that font?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They took the worst, least timeless aesthetic of the whole bunch (the RedZone look) and broke it out to all the other entities? No wonder the NFL's visuals are perpetually sub-par. They literally could have used their Endzone slab serif font for decades. Did't they just redesign a bunch of their other logos using that font?

exactly, i already miss that font. i think it was the playoff/kick off logos they redesigned with it? plus they use it all over the site

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It's like the league is trying to make itself look god-awful to lower people's standards. That way when they do their next look overhaul it'll seem impressive, even if all they do is change fonts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If anything, they should've unified based off the outgoing NFL Films logo.

As is, or I guess will be...turrible.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived