2013 NFL

GangGr33n FTW

I would rather they drop the 1980s Forrest Gregg collar stripes, myself.

My favorite all time look of ours. Too bad it was when we were bad on the field. If I ever tinkered w/ the Packers jerseys other than the embedded G in the stripes would be to put a gold border around the numbers.

Dayf+Lynn+Dickey+1.jpg

Except for the helmet logo riding on the earhole. Always thought that was comically bad.

Agreed, worst Packer look bar none.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a big, more thought out change, is in store for the eagles. It makes no sense otherwise why they'd pass on switching to the new template....the Eagles would be almost unchanged by it.

There's no reason to read anything at all into their refusal to switch to the new template. Maybe they simply liked the old materials better. Switching or not would have no bearing on whether they changed in the future.

There is absolutely no reason, other than your baseless speculation, to think that they're planning a more thought out change. They've been untouched since the 2003 re-design, and have one of the most consistent brand images in the entire league. You may not like their look, but there is no indication or nothing to go on that could possibly be used as a basis for thinking that they're planning a change.

Of course, this entire thread is just going to be baseless speculation, misinformation, lies, and post padding, so whatever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Great, a year long thread of baseless rumours and pointless comments about what Nike should do, but we all know they won't!

:clapping:

Who ISN'T looking forward to a full year of "They should change X" when you know that the said team has zero intention of changing X (like the Cowboys' silver variations).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

As long as Dallas unifies the blue color scheme and the Jaguars change the mess they have then I will be good.

Sadly I see neither of those things happen. The Cowboy's tradition seems to be more important to them than consistency, and the Jaguars are moving away from a unique color scheme to a bland one.

Except that mess of colors is not their tradition. It is a fairly recent development in their history. The pants appeared more silver than silver green today and Lukas mentioned a change in several teams' metallics and specifically mentioned the Cowboys, so I hope they at least took a step in the right direction with silver... and follow suit next year with blue.

They didn't and they won't.

I tried to get Rashean Mathis to reveal some details about the new Jaguars uniforms at the Nike event yesterday, but he's a veteran and he's too smart to give anything away. Seems like a certainty that the team is changing, though.

Yes there is no doubt they are changing because the understanding is there are home and away prototypes of the new uniforms which can still be altered and between now and when the final design is sent to the NFL for the 2013 season.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I want the Rams to bring back the gold pants.

/Yes, I know...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Has anyone heard abou this years alts and aways (pants included)?

Aways will have the same number of suprises as the Homes did. No idea about alts other than JAX having a black one.

Has anyone heard abou this years alts and aways (pants included)?

Well the Giants interview has shown both the away (same) and red alterante (same). Panthers also have shown white and blue. I'm sure we'll see more Flywire collar mishaps like the Redskins red collar on white jersey. Rumors also say the Skins will get a black alternate.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Yes. Thank you for establishing Goth. They are removing the AL in 2013...and this is a thread about the NFL in 2013! :P

D'oh.

There was some confusion, apparently people thought it was going away this season. And I'm clicking in so many of these threads that I forgot which one this was.

My favorite all time look of ours. Too bad it was when we were bad on the field. If I ever tinkered w/ the Packers jerseys other than the embedded G in the stripes would be to put a gold border around the numbers.

Dayf+Lynn+Dickey+1.jpg

Except for the helmet logo riding on the earhole. Always thought that was comically bad.

That would look awkward nowadays, but I liked them at the time. The pants, however, were just not good.

d19d71b94225df9adf1da71974ed7944bae04f12.jpg

As I've said many times before, the Packers got it right on Thanksgiving 2003 when they wore uniforms that are as close as possible to Lombardi's original design from the 60s. Throw in "Classic Lambeau" look as an alt and they'd never have to change again (and subsequently tell the swoosh where they can stick their "innovations" :P).

Dayf+Lynn+Dickey+1.jpg

That would look awkward nowadays, but I liked them at the time. The pants, however, were just not good.

d19d71b94225df9adf1da71974ed7944bae04f12.jpg

The Packers got it right on Thanksgiving 2003 when they wore uniforms that are as close as possible to Lombardi's original design from the 60s. Throw in "Classic Lambeau" look as an alt and they'd never have to make another change again.

yes, I like those jerseys w/ current pants. Move the G up.

As I've said many times before, the Packers got it right on Thanksgiving 2003 when they wore uniforms that are as close as possible to Lombardi's original design from the 60s.

That does look good, but I don't want to have to sit through thread after thread about gray face masks.

As long as Dallas unifies the blue color scheme and the Jaguars change the mess they have then I will be good.

Sadly I see neither of those things happen. The Cowboy's tradition seems to be more important to them than consistency, and the Jaguars are moving away from a unique color scheme to a bland one.

Except that mess of colors is not their tradition. It is a fairly recent development in their history. The pants appeared more silver than silver green today and Lukas mentioned a change in several teams' metallics and specifically mentioned the Cowboys, so I hope they at least took a step in the right direction with silver... and follow suit next year with blue.

They didn't and they won't.

Any idea why? Tradition isn't an answer. Jerry Jones? I'll allow it.

I think a big, more thought out change, is in store for the eagles. It makes no sense otherwise why they'd pass on switching to the new template....the Eagles would be almost unchanged by it.

There's no reason to read anything at all into their refusal to switch to the new template. Maybe they simply liked the old materials better. Switching or not would have no bearing on whether they changed in the future.

There is absolutely no reason, other than your baseless speculation, to think that they're planning a more thought out change. They've been untouched since the 2003 re-design, and have one of the most consistent brand images in the entire league. You may not like their look, but there is no indication or nothing to go on that could possibly be used as a basis for thinking that they're planning a change.

Of course, this entire thread is just going to be baseless speculation, misinformation, lies, and post padding, so whatever.

Read something that said they had a problem getting that many different materials to be the same shade Philly wears.

As I've said many times before, the Packers got it right on Thanksgiving 2003 when they wore uniforms that are as close as possible to Lombardi's original design from the 60s.

That does look good, but I don't want to have to sit through thread after thread about gray face masks.

That look, with current pants stripe (thicker) and a green mask? Winner.

That look, with current pants stripe (thicker) and a green mask? Winner.

So, basically, the 1996 look with striped socks and black shoes? They may as well keep what they have now if that's the case. Unless they were to switch back to the uniforms as Lombardi's teams wore them (with the necessary concession for sleeves they made in 2003, of course) there's really no point in changing anything.

Archived