2013 NFL

GangGr33n FTW

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hearst-owens-rice.jpg

I keep looking at these and thinking what a shame it is that they're gone. It was such a perfect mash-up of the 49ers identity from the AAFC/early NFL days and their 1980s glory years.

If any kind of SF alt pops up, I would think it'd be from the old old days?the Y.A. Tittle days if not just before- when (if I remember right) the Niners had that stint with using silver.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would rather they drop the 1980s Forrest Gregg collar stripes, myself.

My favorite all time look of ours. Too bad it was when we were bad on the field. If I ever tinkered w/ the Packers jerseys other than the embedded G in the stripes would be to put a gold border around the numbers.

Dayf+Lynn+Dickey+1.jpg

Except for the helmet logo riding on the earhole. Always thought that was comically bad.

Agreed, worst Packer look bar none.

That would look awkward nowadays, but I liked them at the time. The pants, however, were just not good.

d19d71b94225df9adf1da71974ed7944bae04f12.jpg

The Packers got it right on Thanksgiving 2003 when they wore uniforms that are as close as possible to Lombardi's original design from the 60s. Throw in "Classic Lambeau" look as an alt and they'd never have to make another change again.

yes, I like those jerseys w/ current pants. Move the G up.

Somewhat similar to the 1988 Packers, when they got rid of the hip number and yellow pants stripe, but still had the "G". From a 1989 card (with a pic from '88):

green-bay-packers-don-majkowski-373-topps-1989-nfl-american-football-trading-card-37908-p.jpg

green-bay-packers-don-majkowski-373-topps-1989-nfl-american-football-trading-card-37908-p.jpg

Even though I wouldn't want to see it make a return, I honestly didn't mind this look. It was the pants (the number-ovals and weird striping) that bugged me.

Ugh, no thanks.

Braisher stripes > that stripy mess.

Goth, you should just change your name to 'Braisher Stripes'.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

According to Colorwerx's site, the Jags use a color very close to Vegas Gold.

Yes it's supposed to be something of a combination of Beige & Vegas Gold.

JacksonvilleJaguars_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Metallic Gold for the helmet decal, flat Gold for the uniform.

Ugh, no thanks.

Braisher stripes > that stripy mess.

Aren't Braisher stripes the kind of striping on the '80s hip-number pants? Or am I thinking of something different?

Braisher stripes are the color/white/color stripes that the Packers, Saints, Cowboys and Niners wear.

Chawls, I've actually thought about it. But I've had this name too long to change it. ;)

According to Colorwerx's site, the Jags use a color very close to Vegas Gold.

Yes it's supposed to be something of a combination of Beige & Vegas Gold.

JacksonvilleJaguars_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Metallic Gold for the helmet decal, flat Gold for the uniform.

I wouldn't mind us using more of the Gold or Metallic Gold in the Uniform again maybe that will happen in the 2013 nike revamp.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived