Police Cruiser Tradition

BlueSky

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I envy you guys with your fancy state/provincial police cars: Connecticut's State Police cars are unmarked. All of them.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Where I am from has changed styles recently. Seem to be more standard than before because I've seen other county's sheriff offices have similar cars.

OLD (Still used, but no longer purchased/painted in this style)

5089976318_b4b5a6e13d_z.jpg

NEW

police-cars---new.s600x600.jpg

I live in Cherokee as well. The new black ones are okay but I think the black lettering overlayed on the gold stripes is harder to read than the gold-on-white was, and that lettering on stripes looks more cluttered in general.

I actually think that the new Cherokee Cruisers are nice. Here in Gwinnett however, we have boring cruisers. The Suwanee police have started to switch to Chargers though, and they look pretty sweet.

Gwinnett

15526574_BG2.jpg

Suwanee

3259160552_1a7550bd21.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

With all these police forces switching to or already using Chargers, does this mean that you guys aren't getting the new Ford Police Interceptor? (replaces the Crown Vic)

ford-police-interceptor-photo01.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

With all these police forces switching to or already using Chargers, does this mean that you guys aren't getting the new Ford Police Interceptor? (replaces the Crown Vic)

ford-police-interceptor-photo01.jpg

I don't know about any state police, but I do remember seeing quite a few of those up in Chicago as part of the CPD fleet.

Well .. a quick wikipedia search gives me this as the reason for the paint job on the FHP cars:

"The black-and-cream paint scheme is actually camouflage to help the vehicle blend in with the road surface (black) and parched grass medians (cream). The paint adds $657 to the purchase of each vehicle. Prior to sale, the patrol defaces the cars so that they cannot be misconstrued as official law enforcement vehicles. The defaced, two-tone paint deflates each car's resale value by approximately $400."

Is that what they say? Man those cream tops stick out like a sore thumb. Do does black in any type of foliage during the day. Not that any of that matters, though...if you know what to look for, as well as where they like to hide, you can spot a cop car drom a mile away, marked or unmarked. I learned that a LONG time ago. (For novice cop-spotters, here's a starting point: memorize the shape of both the headlights and taillights of a Crown Vic. Next, if you think you're behind a cop car, take a real good look at the license plate. Many state and local squads usually have some type of specialized municipal plate.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Sandy Springs (north metro Atlanta) has a new (temporary) addition to their fleet. And yes, that is a 2012 Aston Martin.

IMG_2681-1024x682.jpg

Apparently a local auto dealer added the markings for the St. Patrick's Day parade.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Mass State Police has been using that navy w/light blue doors design for many years now, at least as far back as the Crown Vic days.

I always disliked the paint job on the Staties' cruisers. Having the single panel on each side be a different color makes it look sort of white trash to me.

Also, why is it that "undercover" cars are still Crown Vics with big antennae and ram bars? Kind of defeats the purpose of "undercover" if you ask me.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Mass State Police has been using that navy w/light blue doors design for many years now, at least as far back as the Crown Vic days.

I always disliked the paint job on the Staties' cruisers. Having the single panel on each side be a different color makes it look sort of white trash to me.

Also, why is it that "undercover" cars are still Crown Vics with big antennae and ram bars? Kind of defeats the purpose of "undercover" if you ask me.

It does a little but at the same time its one of those things I have a major problem with.

I could see using undercover cops to infiltrate the mafia or a drug cartel, but trying to use for basic traffic stops and minor things like underage drinking I think is way too much. Especially with traffic stops. Anyone can put lights on and say they are a cop. I know one person that wound up getting into a high speed pursuit with an undercover because he didn't believe he was a cop. I know that's had to happen more then once as well.

It does a little but at the same time its one of those things I have a major problem with.

I could see using undercover cops to infiltrate the mafia or a drug cartel, but trying to use for basic traffic stops and minor things like underage drinking I think is way too much. Especially with traffic stops. Anyone can put lights on and say they are a cop. I know one person that wound up getting into a high speed pursuit with an undercover because he didn't believe he was a cop. I know that's had to happen more then once as well.

There's a big difference between "undercover" and "unmarked" - seems you guys are talking unmarked. If anyone has a question as to whether the vehicle attempting to stop them is a real police car, the thing to do is maintain the posted speed, turn on their flashers so the officer knows the driver is not ignoring them, and dial 911, where the dispatchers will know whether an officer has advised they're making a stop.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

But even then, having the antennae and ram bars on a Crown Vic pretty much marks it as a police cruiser, even without "East Bum- :censored: PD" on the side or what have you.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I have seen quite a few BMW (5 Series, I think) for the South Carolina Highway Patrol in the upstate of SC...mainly in the Greenville & Spartanburg areas for particular reasons.

Isn't that where they're made?

Yep. The plant's visible from I-85 in Spartanburg. (I've seen it, that's how I know.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Bowling Green State University's campus police has begun using the new Chevy Caprice interceptors.

They're nothing too special, but I believe they are exclusively police cars, no cars for the public market.

Here's a peek:

CapriceBG.jpg

ChevyCapricePPV-3-440x293.jpg

2012-Chevrolet-Caprice-PPV-front-three-quarter-623x389.jpg

I believe they are a rebadged version of the Pontiac G8, essentially.

Atleast that's what I remember from my Motor Trend mag... haha

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived