Police Cruiser Tradition

BlueSky

Those are Australian built Holden Caprice sedans done up for the US market. Same platform the G8 was built on.

liverpool-1.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

this company makes police crusers only instead of converting cars. The cars look pretty badass as well. Makes more sense to make a car for police instead of converting one.

Wonder how the market stacks up compared to a production vehicle. If it's significantly smaller, that will raise the cost per unit, not a good thing in these budget-conscious times.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

this company makes police crusers only instead of converting cars. The cars look pretty badass as well. Makes more sense to make a car for police instead of converting one.

Wonder how the market stacks up compared to a production vehicle. If it's significantly smaller, that will raise the cost per unit, not a good thing in these budget-conscious times.

That's the problem for them. Cost is prohibitive for most agencies from what I've heard.

Those are Australian built Holden Caprice sedans done up for the US market. Same platform the G8 was built on.

I remember reading that too. Figured I'd keep it simple haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 2 weeks later...

^That is one of two things that absolutely annoy the mess out of me about driving through Minnesota. (Nice show of gopher pride, though.)

Yout picture of North Dakota isnt working though, but I've seen the NDSP's squad cars, and they looked pretty decent.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^That is one of two things that absolutely annoy the mess out of me about driving through Minnesota. (Nice show of gopher pride, though.)

Yout picture of North Dakota isnt working though, but I've seen the NDSP's squad cars, and they looked pretty decent.

nd-trooper.jpg

Fixed the NDHP pic. What's even worse about MN's cars is getting pulled over by them. That just happened.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Here is the Colorado State Patrol's Cruiser.. They have a mix of Ford Crown Vic's and Dodge Chargers.

4238698590_0fb96bd4cb.jpg

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Hazzard County Georgia :D

PoliceCar1_op_800x366.jpg

I think that's my favourite police car there, the 77-78 Fury/Monaco, mainly 'cause of its use in Dukes of Hazzard and hundreds of other TV shows from that era...

I believe (and this could be urban legend) that all US police agencies must buy American due to the FOP having a deal with the UAW. South Carolina can use BMW's because they were donated. Any cars not of an American maker are usually seized vehicles from drug busts, etc.

All of the older (2006-2010) Michigan State Police Dodge Chargers are slick-tops. The reason being, is that the state found out that the roofs were not strong enough to support the weight of their trademark bubble-gum light. Either Dodge fixed this for 2011 and newer models, or the new LED light is lighter than the old rotating light (or it's combo of the two).

Archived