ECHL CHICAGO EXPRESS fold JERSEY SALE!

Patchez

SADLY the ECHL affiliate of the COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS ceased operations.

GOOD NEWS, they have a few CHICAGO EXPRESS jerseys available!!!

ykpljcrt3puuyh2j67f52hifo.gif

qkf2bmehp1lzrzrcx3uf50dyf.gif

io3f5ey2fyo6iyuhfekc39yvh.gif

Authentic $175 originally $240

Replicas are $75 originally $120

Mention code: ajkam for deal!

Contact Craig Drecktrah

cdrecktrah@chicagoexpresshockey.com

or call Craig at 224-220-1328

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

The accompanying press release.

splash-final.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Some people I knew pretty well lost their jobs today. It was completely predictable but it sucked all the same.

Nobody I talked to in minor league hockey expected it to work for the Express. Unfortunately it didn't.

Not too big of a clearance sale; replicas were $95 this morning, authentic were $210. Everything else in the shop is half-off, though.

The Sears Centre continues to prove itself as a very poor idea.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That whole stretch of Higgins Road is like the land of good ideas at the time. I think the Sears Centre is nestled among some semi-vacant upmarket strip malls and a luxury movie theater where they put you in overstuffed leather chairs and bring you food while you watch the movie. (They don't offer you handjobs, though. Believe me, I've asked!) Never thought you could go broke selling superficial crap to the northwest burbs. It's a brave new world out there.

This opens up the Sears Centre for the Blackhawklings to move in once Rockford disincorporates and becomes overrun with weeds. Which, by my calculation, should be next week.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Saw them play vs. the Walleye this year in Toledo...im a huge fan of the ECHL and have been following it for about 15 years. I love how much they have expanded but it is sad to hear a team is disbanding.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Well, Chicago supporting three pro hockey teams seems like a bit of a stretch, especially with how well the Wolves draw.

p.s. Anyone else surprised that the Sears Centre is spelled the Canadian way?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

It's too bad they didn't try at least another season... it's hard to build a good fanbase in one year, especially with so much competition in the area. Also probably didn't help that the arena is far away from Chicago.

Anyways, their jerseys are pretty nice, I just don't have a reason to buy one.

Well, Chicago supporting three pro hockey teams seems like a bit of a stretch, especially with how well the Wolves draw.

What arena do the Wolves play in?

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Nah, not really. The Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates/South Barrington area is flush with strip malls and subdivisions affectedly named "Olde Towne Centre" or "Arbour Harbour" and so forth. Growing up around all that has made me unfazed by "wrong-looking" Canadian spelling.

Also probably didn't help that the arena is far away from Chicago.

Well, they weren't trying to draw from all points, "Chicago" name notwithstanding. You have about 625,000 people in northwestern Cook County alone, and that's not even counting Elgin or southern Lake County, which are within reasonable driving distance of the arena. That should've been enough of a base to get something going, but I suspect these guys--who also ran that terrible Hounds team that folded--are not good at this business. Shouldn't be any reason why a third team can't work as long as Blackhawks demand is high.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Additionally CenturyLink Arena in Boise was originally the Bank of America Centre. Anyway, one good point of this: the Express were a lot more professional than the Chicago Hounds, who forfeited their first game because the ice wasn't ready.

soundersbanner.png

Well, they weren't trying to draw from all points, "Chicago" name notwithstanding. You have about 625,000 people in northwestern Cook County alone, and that's not even counting Elgin or southern Lake County, which are within reasonable driving distance of the arena. That should've been enough of a base to get something going, but I suspect these guys--who also ran that terrible Hounds team that folded--are not good at this business. Shouldn't be any reason why a third team can't work as long as Blackhawks demand is high.

Represent! :P

Nah, not really. The Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates/South Barrington area is flush with strip malls and subdivisions affectedly named "Olde Towne Centre" or "Arbour Harbour" and so forth. Growing up around all that has made me unfazed by "wrong-looking" Canadian spelling.

There are plenty of reasons why a third team won't ever work.

For one, the Express were going after the same fans as the Wolves, the fans that like hockey but didn't want to spend on going to a Hawks game. The Wolves' base is very loyal to its team and probably wasn't going to support another franchise.

Sears Centre and Allstate Arena are also about 15 miles apart. That's just way too close for the Express. They can't claim one part of the suburbs while the Wolves claim another. It's the same area.

The Wolves also got lucky when they came around in 1994. The Hawks were three years away from their slide into being bad and despicable and the Wolves capitalized on that and built a fanbase because of their success. They had billboards that read "We play hockey the old-fashioned way. We win" and positioned them as the anti-Hawks. They have a stranglehold on the hockey fan that wants the sport but isn't going to Hawks games, and there aren't a ton of those in Chicago, a city where hockey is clearly the No. 4 major sport.

But yeah, let's put an ECHL team in there. Great idea.

Who/what was the Sears Centre built for? Considering that part of town already has the Horizon, it's surprising that anyone would take on building such a venue without a full-time tenant.

Who/what was the Sears Centre built for? Considering that part of town already has the Horizon, it's surprising that anyone would take on building such a venue without a full-time tenant.

I think the idea was if they build it minor league teams and concerts would come. At the time it seemed like a pretty risky venture to anyone with common sense, but the mid-2000's were a different time.

I attended a college basketball tournament there a few years ago. It's a really unimpressive arena. In the architect's desire to make the place suitable for any sport they made it a poor fan experience for everyone. It would have to be a really good game or concert to get me to go out there again, but, of course, the good games and concerts find venues in Chicago (or Rosemont).

Sad to see em go but not really surprised. They have had the Lacrosse team that came and went, Now the 2 hockey clubs. Do the Slaughter still exist? If they had the baby baby hawks on their roster it might of helped, but not sure. They had 4 former Wolves on the club Peter Mannino was the biggest name of them, then Chad Painchaud, Nathan Lutz they weren't around long and lastly Chaz Johnson, I saw Chaz during training camp but he didn't make the club. Sucks I cant get one of the grey or blue ones.

I just realized the design of the 3rd's reminded me of a design I created for my old fantasy teams jersey.

chihowlrshome.jpg

io3f5ey2fyo6iyuhfekc39yvh.gif

or is it like the old orange 3rd they had?

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived