Pro Wrestling Logo

illwauk

A couple friends of mine who are indy wrestlers are looking to promote some shows of their own. One of the names they threw out for their new fed was Wisconsin All-Pro Wrestling, so I sketched this up in my notepad.

waw_logo.png

Thoughts?

I might just be crazy, but when I look at Chapeeko's version, I see a bulldog's face kind of. The gaps in the W's are the eyes, the gap in the A is the nose, and the bottom curve of the A is the frowning mouth. Not that that's a bad thing at all. It could be a new direction to take this since bulldogs are tough like wrestlers. Just a very out-of-the-box idea.

Yeah, it's only WAW. A lot of promotions that use hyphenated words don't include the latter word in their brand such as World Wrestling All-Stars (the Australian fed that Bret Hart was briefly commissioner of) was known as WWA. I just chose not to include the P because WAW allowed me to make a much more balanced logo.

@Jaha: I saw the "bulldog" too, even though that's not what I had in mind when I sketched this.

I don't see a bulldog, but more of a skull with fangs.

I saw a skull with a curled up mustache.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I think the serifs and all may be just a little too much. There's far too many points and sharp angles, and the double outline doesn't do it any justice either. In fact, It's the outlines that are making this logo a little overwhelming visually.

Try breaking down what you have into something that is a little simpler. Something that will be easily recognizable even at a much smaller scale.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived