The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Well, my team's season is over, so I might as well get it started.

Hope this year's Stanley Cup is better than its regular season, far and away the worst since before the lockout.

I expect great predictions from all once the matchups are set, however late that may be tonight.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the East I only really see 3 or 4 teams that have a legit shot.

Out West, I think it's going to be absolute chaos. Every team has some sort of flaw, so anyone in the West in my eyes has a chance.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Every team has some sort of flaw, so anyone in the West in my eyes has a chance.

St. Louis: no elite scoring

Los Angeles: no any scoring

Vancouver: prone to vaginitis flare-ups

Detroit: old

San Jose: no depth

Phoenix: their goalie is Mike Smith

Chicago: can't stop a beach ball

Nashville: perennially runs out of gas in playoffs, possibly system byproduct

My preseason prediction was LA-Boston, and I'm sticking with it

That was mine last season.

This year it was LA-NY Rangers. So by me taking LA it's obvious that the Predators will still be playing in June.

Try nhl.com.

Vancouver won the President's Trophy again, will likely set their city on fire again. They shall get the loser of Kings-Sharks, St. Louis will get the winner.

Try nhl.com.

Vancouver won the President's Trophy again, will likely set their city on fire again. They shall get the loser of Kings-Sharks, St. Louis will get the winner.

I'm stockpiling my firewood as we speak ;). On the base of being jinxed, I would rather had the Rangers win the trophy than Vancouver.

soundersbanner.png

Rangers over Senators in 6

Bruins over Capitals in 6

Devils over Panthers in 5 (Although, I want the Panthers to win, just for the fun.)

Penguins over Flyers in 7

Canucks over Kings in 5

Blues over Sharks in 7

Coyotes over Blackhawks in 7

Predators over Red Wings in 7

Rangers over Devils in 6

Penguins over Bruins in 6

Predators over Canucks in 6

Blues over Coyotes in 7

Penguins over Rangers in 6

Predators over Blues in 6

Penguins over Predators in 5

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

East!

Rangers over Senators in 6 - Sens are going to have a decent shot in this series, if there big guns continue to be big guns, and Anderson can hold up. He played really well last time he was in the playoffs.

Bruins over Capitals in 5 - Bruins have the honor of defending their title. Caps, played better of late, but still not buying them. Thomas will stand on his head, and get the Black and Gold through.

Devils over Panthers in 6 - Really want to pick the Panthers, but if Martin Brodeur can play decently well, I think the Panthers are gonna have some trouble. Even if they have some guys on their squad with Stanley Cup and Playoff expierence. How much will home ice play a roll. I'm sure they'll sell out in Newark, what about Sunshine?

Penguins over Flyers in 7 - I think Goaltending will play a huge roll. MA-F has done well all year, Bryz has been up and down. Even if the Penguins have all their weapons, the Flyers can match up well. They may miss Pronger though.

West!

Canucks over Kings in 7 - Aren't we all just waiting for the Kings to breakout? Probably not going to happen under a Darryl Sutter reign of terror. Jon Quick will be the guy that will either carry the Kings through, or out quickly. Can Luongo obviously hold, we shall see.

Sharks over Blues in 6 - I think the Sharks can take the Blues, they have the better depth in scoring, but the Blues are tough nut to crack. Halak should be the guy, but he'll need some help keeping up with the Sharks.

Coyotes over Blackhawks in 6 - If Mike Smith can do what Ilya Bryzgalov couldn't do. The Yotes' could be staying a bit longer in the desert. This is a Yote club that's been playoff tested of late, but they're playing a team only a couple years removed from a cup and with Toews coming back, could be another short series. But Goaltending is key and the Desert Dogs win this one.

Predators over Red Wings in 7 - Preds could either go all the way or fizzle out against the Red Wings. They have Radulov and if he can carry most of the scoring, with Fisher and Co. joining in. I don't see another flaw on this team. As for the Wings they're the most experienced bunch in the final 16. Do they have it in them for one last kick at it, as this group?

The 2010 Flyers punctured better goalies than Mike Smith and survived with worse goalies than Corey Crawford. I have to keep telling myself this.

Hmph, 15 replies and none of them liked my Igor Stravinsky reference. I thought it was pretty good: both are polarizing, both have a distinct Russian element, and both incited riots. I try too hard.

Ritual Invocation of the Bitching About The Refs

EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS:

Ottawa over N.Y. Rangers in 7

Boston over Washington in 6

New Jersey over Florida in 5

Philadelphia over Pittsburgh in 7

WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS:

Vancouver over Los Angeles in 5

St. Louis over San Jose in 7

Chicago over Phoenix in 7

Nashville over Detroit in 7

EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS:

Boston over Ottawa in 7

Philadelphia over New Jersey in 6

WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS:

Chicago over Vancouver in 7

Nashville over St. Louis 5

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS:

Philadelphia over Boston in 6

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS:

Nashville over Chicago in 7

STANLEY CUP FINALS:

Philadelphia over Nashville in 6

So I took a look at last year's thread...

I hope the Canucks take the series at home just so we can hear Chelsea dagger during the handshake

Dear Canucks, please only lose game 3 or 4. Just so I can go to game 5. I got free tickets from my boss earlier today, and I would love to go to my second ever Canucks playoff game. First one being game 7 vs St. Louis in '03. There was one helluva crowd that night.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

When burrows scored i shrieked in the gayest possible way

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the if necessary Stanley cup final game 7 falls on my birthday. for the love of god please go to 7 games!!!!

RAFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

ONE WIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY :censored: WHAT A GAME

well looks like my wish of a game 7 on my birthday has come true. God i regret saying that now.

oh-god-why.jpg

I'm shutting the :censored: up this year...

East

Rangers in 6

Capitals in 7

Devils in 5

Flyers in 7

West

Canucks in 6

Blues in 7

Blackhawks in 6

Predators in 7

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

The 2010 Flyers punctured better goalies than Mike Smith and survived with worse goalies than Corey Crawford. I have to keep telling myself this.

Hmph, 15 replies and none of them liked my Igor Stravinsky reference. I thought it was pretty good: both are polarizing, both have a distinct Russian element, and both incited riots. I try too hard.

Ritual Invocation of the Bitching About The Refs

That was the first thing I thought of too when I saw the thread title, so I got it. Glad I'm not the only nerd. So hard to imagine a brawl breaking out over unusual classical music and choreography today.

My preseason prediction was LA-Boston, and I'm sticking with it

Celtics-Lakers ON ICE!

I'm also cheering for whichever team is facing the 'nucks.

Anyway, prediction thyme:

Rangers over Sens in five

Bruins over Caps in six

Devils over Panthers in five

Pens over Flyers in seven

Nucks over Kings in six

Blues over Sharks in four

Hawks over Yotes in six

Preds over Wings in seven (the Preds are my team in the west)

Semifinals

Pens over Bruins in seven

Rangers over Devils in five

Nucks over Hawks in six

Preds over Blues in seven

Conference Finals

Rangers over Pens in six

Nucks over Preds in seven

Stanley Cup Finals

The New York Rangers will win their first Stanley Cup in eighteen years with a six-game defeat of the Vancouver Canucks.

spacer.png

Archived