Tennessee Titans

eRay

Hey all,

As we all know, Nike launched "new" uniforms for each team last week. I think we were all underwhelmed by the amount of actual changes they made. One team I wish they had revamped is the Tennessee Titans. In my imagination the Titans would have wanted to change, but not so much that their old look was completely gone. Just enough so they would be talked about in all the news stories about the Nike launch. I looked back through their history and the history of the Oilers and got an idea. I wanted to keep the idea of their current uniforms, but mix in some striping, the type used in their Oiler days.

50513_34935206410_7865297_n.jpg

I liked that these uniforms had a consistent stripe pattern that was used on all elements and all colors. I like that they made the outer stripe a color that wouldn't be used on any element, meaning the striping pattern would never blend in with the uniform. In my attempt to accomplish this I eliminated Navy as a main color. I wanted to make them a Lt. Blue and White team, first and foremost. Navy would be used as a trim color (as well as the outer stripe color on the pattern) and Red and Gray are dropped from the scheme altogether. I added a Powder Blue as a logo color only, to replace the Gray. Speaking of the logo, I dropped the flaming tack logo and went with the Sword-T as the only mark, the primary being the Sword-T and a wordmark. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!

TitansH1.jpgTitansA1.jpg

I like the T sword on the helmet....but I cant help but think that the outer line of the sword and circle should be dark blue. Three shades of blue seems excessive and two would simplify it. Without dark blue in the sword logo, the logo is difficult to make out on a white helmet with little color contrast. I like the idea of baby blue being the main color for the jerseys still, but not the logo.

This is one of my favorite Titans concepts I've seen. I know most people (myself included) try to bring back red when redesigning the uniforms, but I like your color scheme much better. The numbers are an improvement over their current ones, however I think you could try using a standard block font, maybe with some slight variations. Also, I love that you got rid of the flaming logo. I was never a huge fan of that one. Good work!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived