Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Edited content

Anything leading up to the draft and whatnot can be placed here too, especially with the lottery coming up.

This is the most threadbare OP ever but I'm on my phone and son feel like walking across the room to get to my Mac to actually look things up.

Continue.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that the "Rite of Spring" thread was our playoff thread.

Or was that just for predictions?

Mind you, he posted this from his phone, so he may not have seen that. Either way, better to keep this here than to crap up the Rite of Spring thread with NHL Draft news.

Speaking of which, CSS released their final rankings. The top 5 are:

1. Nail Yakupov

2. Ryan Murray

3. Mikhail Grigorenko

4. Alex Galchenyuk

5. Morgan Rielley

I just realized that the chances the Leafs drop a spot (17.2%) are more than double the odds they move up a slot (8.1%). Aw fiddlesticks.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I thought that the "Rite of Spring" thread was our playoff thread.

Or was that just for predictions?

Mind you, he posted this from his phone, so he may not have seen that. Either way, better to keep this here than to crap up the Rite of Spring thread with NHL Draft news.

Speaking of which, CSS released their final rankings. The top 5 are:

1. Nail Yakupov

2. Ryan Murray

3. Mikhail Grigorenko

4. Alex Galchenyuk

5. Morgan Rielley

I just realized that the chances the Leafs drop a spot (17.2%) are more than double the odds they move up a slot (8.1%). Aw fiddlesticks.

Oh, of course. I forgot that you can't see thread subtitles on the mobile site, and therefore Lee probably wouldn't have known what the "Rite of Spring" thread was about without clicking on it.

spacer.png

So are we going to use this as the Offseason thread?

I'd assume Rite of Spring is for teams currently in the playoffs and to talk about the playoffs, while this is for the non-playoff teams and to talk about their summer plans (i.e. expiring contracts and such) and the draft. Once the Cup Final is over, then I'd presume this would become the offseason thread for the entire NHL.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So are we going to use this as the Offseason thread?

I'd assume Rite of Spring is for teams currently in the playoffs and to talk about the playoffs, while this is for the non-playoff teams and to talk about their summer plans (i.e. expiring contracts and such) and the draft. Once the Cup Final is over, then I'd presume this would become the offseason thread for the entire NHL.

Alright sounds good.

Here's the mock draft site I always follow. Link

So far the Top 5.

1. Columbus - Nail Yakupov

2. Edmonton - Matt Dumba

3. Montreal - Mikhail Grigorenko

4. NY Islanders - Ryan Murray

5. Toronto - Alex Galchenyuk

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I will probably break something if we lose the draft lottery and go on a mad man conspiracy rant about how the NHL office hates Columbus. Just a heads up.

I hope you guys win. Really don't want to see the Oilers picking first for a third straight season.

And if this means anything. The only time the worst team didn't pick first since the lockout was Philadelphia in 2007. I still don't know how the Flyers were the worst team in the league. Hawks ended up picking Patrick Kane, maybe a bit of foreshadowing to 2010.

2006-07 was a weird year.

Does anyone know the highest that Minnesota could pick? What I'm trying to say is that are they like guaranteed ( just making up a number) 8th or lower?

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Does anyone know the highest that Minnesota could pick? What I'm trying to say is that are they like guaranteed ( just making up a number) 8th or lower?

The most a team can move up is four places, and the most they can drop is one place. So as they are 7th, they can pick no higher than third (but no lower than 8th).

LvZYtbZ.png

The most a team can move up is four places, and the most they can drop is one place. So as they are 7th, they can pick no higher than third (but no lower than 8th).

Thanks!

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Winnipeg could really use an impact player out of the top five. I wonder what it would take for them to creep up the list. Montreal might not see itself as a rebuilding team (and I can't blame them; their superior-to-Florida scoring differential suggests horrible luck). Anaheim never sees itself as rebuilding in earnest and with the departure of the Coyotes could see themselves assuming that position as the league's home for guys in their thirties who don't want to play under pressure. Toronto can be explored for idiotic trade purposes as long as Brian Burke is in charge, and the sweetest plum of Columbus is right there if they still want to save themselves from having to draft a Russian (this would require winning the lottery and moving to 5th in the draft, though, I'm sure).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anaheim will not be picking Morgan Rielly. I am 1,000,000% sure of it. We already have Fowler, Visnovsky, Vatanen, and Schultz, we won't be picking another offensive Defenseman. If we're picking Dmen, it's Trouba, Dumba, or Reinhart.

Anaheim will not be picking Morgan Rielly. I am 1,000,000% sure of it. We already have Fowler, Visnovsky, Vatanen, and Schultz, we won't be picking another offensive Defenseman. If we're picking Dmen, it's Trouba, Dumba, or Reinhart.

Well that's if Schultz signs. But yeah, I do agree. It was probably a best available. I would kill for Rielly though.

I've probably said it already, but if there's anything I really want the Ducks to do this offseason, it's to prepare icy cold buckets of water with Ryan, Perry, Getzlaf and Hillers' names on them. The team keeps emphasizing "strong starts" and failing to live up to that, so this is the only solution I can think of :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

It's going to be another summer of trade speculation surrounding Jarome Iginla and more than ever Miikka Kiprusoff.

All I'm saying is. If it is King/Feaster doing this, they better get the best damn return they can get. They got absolute :censored: for Robyn Regehr and lost a Second RD Pick in the process.

Well from what I can take away from Jay Feaster's press conference is that the Flames have no plans to rebuild, and don't just want to finish 7th or 8th next year, but become a legit contender.

Not sure what it'll take, but I'm sick of this force fed positive attitude. I get that again this season was a failure, but saying that you don't want to be doing this same press conference 365 days from now, pretty much means you want the Playoffs, which is great. Just hope you can do something that can make that a realistic possibility Feaster.

Also I guess Feaster said we had the best fans, sorry Leafs nation :P That's the job of every Canadian team's General Manager.

the Flames have no plans to rebuild

THE HELL YOU SAY!

And where exactly do they keep the picks/prospects they'll need to move to become a "legit contender"? Snoopy's doghouse? Because apparently they have some endless supply that defies reality.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived