Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Addendum to the Nash deal: Per @TSNBobMcKenzie, also going to NYR with Nash are a conditional third-round draft pick (goes back to CBJ if NYR make the Cup final) and minor leaguer Steve Delisle.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good deal for Columbus. Dubinsky is a nice player to have. If we have a season, which I suspect that we will not, I wonder how losing the franchise player will affect attendance.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I was somewhat surprised by how the fans turned out for last year's god-awful last place team. Perhaps they've managed to build a loyal core despite their terrible terrible terrible history. Though, a second lockout in this team's 12 year history would definitely turn some people off.

At this point, the team had to move on from Rick Nash in order to do anything to move out of the rut that trying to build a team around him put them in. I don't like the guys they're moving on with. I'm glad it's over.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Stoked about the deal as a Rangers fan. The purchase price turned out to be a lot lower than it was at the trade deadline, and I think they're getting a steal here.

Β 

Β 

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Β 

Β 

I'm a Jackets fan, and I'm saying under.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

Under. Their offense isn't good enough, and the defense won't scare anybody. The goalies will be a wild card, but the Jackets overall are just a team that's bad.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's almost impossible not to win 30 games in the chase-for-mediocrity era. It took Columbus being spectacularly bad to start the season for them to finish where they did. I'll say 30 on the nose.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

31. They'll take big bodied forward at number 5. That pick will be a disappointment at the NHL level.

By the way, here's a picture of my dad with a 20 year old Rick Nash.

547956_4435013918646_924897830_n.jpg

So much promise back then in both the team and Nash himself. The story is that my dad was an employee at WBNS, they needed extras for a PSA about reading, and he was one of ten people in the company who could skate.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Over 35 for Columbus I'm saying it right now. The streak of 3-2 losses at the beginning of the year last year completely deflated the team, and I'm betting that won't happen this time around. The offense will mesh too. We won't be a scoring machine, but we'll grind out a lot of games I think. I really like our defensive corps (especially how young they are), and the new acquisitions will pan out. Umberger's always a 20 goal guy, and I'm expecting a very good year from Cam Atkinson. Johansen has settled in. Though I think a lot of the offense rides on whether or not Brassard can finally live up to the high pick. Also, I'm iffy on Bob, but he did pretty okay with a Philly squad whose defense at times looked pretty awful.

I also believe in Todd Richards.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I like Scott Howson.

*swears not to draft Russians in Russian-heavy draft*

*trades for Artem Anisimov*

Anisimov is pretty different from most Russians though. He played 2 full seasons in the AHL, which is a sign that he's pretty committed to playing in North America. Most Russians would throw a giant tantrum if they had to play 1 game in the A.

Being Russian isn't the problem, it's just that a lot of Eastern European hockey players aren't committed to playing in North America when they can get more money and play close to home in the KHL.

Would Alex Semin sign with Columbus? Probably not, but I think they should at least give it a shot. They could promise him captaincy and a marketing bonanza introducing him to the state of Ohio. Would at least make CBJ immediately relevant again. I would watch.

#craigadams

Archived