Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did Overchicken get upset about his goal scoring and 14 playoff games taking away from his golf game. This is why the Cpatials wont ever win. Hunter had them playing real good.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not surprised Hunters not coming back. Not surprised about Semin not coming back at all. A 2nd line center would be nice to use that 6.7 mil on we were paying Semin.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Dunno, as a hockey fan, whether I like Hunter leaving or not.

I mean, Washington can now go back to the all-offense/shoddy-defensive style (I hope!) which makes for exciting hockey games, not a slew of 2-1 games.

On the other hand, Hunter immediately had the respect of the entire team and they went as far as Boudreau ever took them and came closer to the ECF than Boudreau's Caps ever did.

Eh.

spacer.png

Dunno, as a hockey fan, whether I like Hunter leaving or not.

I mean, Washington can now go back to the all-offense/shoddy-defensive style (I hope!) which makes for exciting hockey games, not a slew of 2-1 games.

On the other hand, Hunter immediately had the respect of the entire team and they went as far as Boudreau ever took them and came closer to the ECF than Boudreau's Caps ever did.

Eh.

Well, Bruce aint coming back, so the style of the team is yet to be determined.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Just received the "Season In Review" email from the Caps. Here it is for your reading pleasure:

2011-12 marked the fifth-straight season in which the Capitals clinched a playoff berth, the longest streak of playoff appearances in franchise history since their 14-straight postseason trips from the 1982-83 season through 1995-96. The streak of five straight playoff appearances is tied for the fourth-longest active playoff streak in the NHL. In addition, the Capitals sold out all of their home games for the third consecutive season and set a club record with 153 consecutive sellouts dating back to 2008-09 (including playoffs).

Washington earned a spot in the Eastern Conference semifinals for the second-straight year, defeating the second-seeded Boston Bruins in seven games in the quarterfinals before falling to the top-seeded New York Rangers in seven games in the semifinals. The seven playoff wins were the most by the Capitals in a single postseason since 2009.

The Caps-Bruins series was the first in NHL history to feature seven straight one-goal games. Braden Holtby became the third rookie goaltender to defeat the defending Stanley Cup champions in a playoff series. The other two: Montreal's Ken Dryden (1971, also against Boston) and Calgary's Mike Vernon (1986, against Edmonton). Holtby also became the seventh rookie goaltender to post an overtime win in Game 7 of a playoff series.

Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th career playoff goal in Game 6 of the semifinals, tying him with Peter Bondra for first on the Capitals all-time playoff goal list. Ovechkin has collected 59 points (30 goals, 29 assists) in 51 career playoff games, surpassing Bondra for third place in points in Capitals playoff history. He's the first NHL player to score at least 30 goals in his first 50 Stanley Cup playoff games since Joe Sakic reached the 50-game mark with 33 goals in May 1997.

Came across this at the Flames SBNation blog I read.

According to Sportsnet, the NHL has notified the NHLPA that it "wants to modify or terminate the existing collective bargaining agreement," which has led several teams including the Flames to cancel their annual rookie tournament in Penticton, BC because of concerns about another work stoppage.

The current CBA expires mid-September and one of the main sticking points between the league and the player's association is believed to be revenue sharing. More to come as the story develops.

Each day I think it's more and more likely, next season won't start on time.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=631625

"He led the Blue Jackets to an 18-21-2 record, including a 16-14-1 mark over the final 31 games with wins in seven of its last 11 outings. Columbus also went 14-0-0 when taking a lead into the third period after dropping points in eight of its previous 17 games when leading after two periods (9-6-2)."

I guess that's not bad considering what he had to work with. At least he's not Scott Arniel.

Teams play better when there's no pressure on themselves to succeed.

I definitely would've preferred the CBJ to hire someone who's actually done something in the NHL, but then he really wouldn't fit in with the rest of the team ^_^ .

PvO6ZWJ.png

I guess this can go here now too.

Both the US and Canada with quarterfinal exits at the World Championships on losses to Finland and Slovakia, respectively. Finland scored with 8 seconds left to off the US. Not that the Worlds matter too much, but yeesh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Washington and Hershey have re-upped.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived