University of Houston

whitedawg22

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work TX, that does look much better.

I'm relaly impressed by the whole upgrade here. I was thinking too, as Houston started to come up as a ranked team and gained some attention if they'd improve their look. It wasn't an awful look before, just kind of bland and nothing exciting. Looked like a lower level team to me, not the uni/logo set of a team that was highly ranked. If that makes sense.

But now it all fits really well, I like what they did.

Glad to see upgrades exist still, and we aren't subjected to downgrades only as it has seemed. Although college usually isn't as bad with the downgrades, that has been a pro sports problem.

And with so many similar mascots in college, alot of logos look similar which isn't a problem to me. This was a nice look that does look similar to some other big cat logos, but I really like it.

2ly2w09.jpg

I love the Cougar head, though I feel like they could have eliminated the oval and still had a very strong mark. The UH is nice--I even like the bevels--but the filled-in corner off of the U really, really, really bothers me.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I think it all looks really good. In my opinion, the bevels don't look bad at all. It's definitely an upgrade.

I'd just like to thank Mockba for pointing out that filled-in corner. I hadn't really noticed before. Now it's bugging the hell out of me too. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Coming from a Cougar, we're coming up with the same the comparisons and jokes as everyone here is. Penn State, Thundercats, Mizzou, all the good stuff. It's a mixed reaction. I like it though, especially since the new interlock gives us distance from Kentucky. I'm really in love with the snapback logo. I wish that was our main wordmark instead of the smaller "HOUSTON COUGARS one. As for the cat, I like the 2-color version, though the three color makes it less Penn State-y.

This will be something that grows on us for the years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

The full colored Cougar head logo is absolutely fantastic, and the 2 colored one I think is just as good. Do Houston fans feel that strongly about keeping the 'UH' on the helmet, because the cougar heads (either full color or 2 color) would be amazing.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I don't post too often anymore but I had to comment on this logo. It is absolutely gorgeous. The new cougar is unbelievable. I had never even heard of the University of Houston but I am going to buy a T-shirt with the new cougar head on it. Great work Joe! Keep it up!

I don't post too often anymore but I had to comment on this logo. It is absolutely gorgeous. The new cougar is unbelievable. I had never even heard of the University of Houston but I am going to buy a T-shirt with the new cougar head on it. Great work Joe! Keep it up!

Do you live outside the US? I'm not trying to be mean...but most sports fans have at least heard of Phi Slamma Jamma, Andre Ware, or Houston's near perfect football season last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Do you live outside the US? I'm not trying to be mean...but most sports fans have at least heard of Phi Slamma Jamma, Andre Ware, or Houston's near perfect football season last year.

I am up here in America's Top-Hat (Canada). I am a sports fan and I mostly follow the NHL and the NFL, so that is probably why.

I am up here in America's Top-Hat (Canada). I am a sports fan and I mostly follow the NHL and the NFL, so that is probably why.

Ok - fair enough!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I want to mention - the issue with the beveling on the 'UH' monograms seems to have been corrected...at least on the Trademarx Online site (where the official graphics are hosted).

(Before anyone asks - I have read-only access to that site...I can't download anything.)

Here's a quick look at some of the new Houston Cougar gear (Joe Bosack design) that is coming out...

IMG_1272.jpg

I want that shirt.. Awesome logo.

The one color version above is very nice. The multi-colored version is ok but I feel will become dated quickly. Simply seeing it in the one color makes a huge difference and gives me hope for its longevity.

Archived