2012 NFL Color Changes

TruColor

I am no Redskins fan, but they look sooo much better with yellow pants.

Like you guys said, just make them with the right colors and design (even using two thick white + burgundy stripes down the side like the other pants, if only for consistency).

On a different note, I don't recall Tennessee wearing silver... Is that in the logo, in a patch or somewhere in the unis?

It's in the sword in the logo, at least. Also maybe used for the beveling when their wordmark is in white.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen anything regarding the Redskins' throwback (no Gold pants so far either)...

...but brace yourself for one team that's sporting a throwback uni next year.

It will hurt, and hurt bad.

B)

I am figuring the Steelers?

yes. here's the look, from what I hear.

steelers_display_image.jpg?1268706442

Nope.

I thought they were wearing a 1934 throwback this year.

Skins are cutting the gold pants? Boo!! At least I don't have to worry about if they're going to wear them or not anymore.

I'm with you brother. There is no way the Skins should get rid of the gold pants. It upsets me so much that I even wrote Bruce Allen about it. His email adress is Bruce.Allen@Redskins.com if you're interested in doing the same.

HTTR!

Then just develop pants that actually match the rest of the uniform stylistically and in terms of color.

Pants from a retro uniform THAT INCLUDED A DIFFERING SHADE OF BURGUNDY was just ridiculous.

That was always the thing holding me back from loving the gold pants. If only they matched the pants to the rest of the set (maybe a little less shiny gold... and of course the striping) it would be fantastic. I'd be content with the Redskins set.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

For the Steelers' 1930s or Batman uniforms, those were only rumors. We never heard any confirmation.

Most of the rumors were the 1933 and Batman uniforms, but it makes sense for Nike to attempt to tackle the Steeler's 1934 look. The over-the-top look of the '34 design is right up their alley.

Is there in fact a Redskins black one because I am praying that isn't happening...

If anything I would love to see some sort of homage to the 1965 uniforms they wore for the 2002 season. Those were pretty damn sweet

They will unveil a uniform on May 10th for the 80th Anniversary so it'll probably be a throwback.

>>>>>>>

And as I've repeated many times, PLEASE let it be this one:

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

SO MUCH better than what they have now.

I haven't seen anything regarding the Redskins' throwback (no Gold pants so far either)...

B)

Is it a new (previously not worn) throwback?

If not, would it be the Jets ugly blue/bronze Titans throwbacks? You listed that those colors are being changed, so why would they adjust them unless they planned on wearing them again, right?

B)

Is it a new (previously not worn) throwback?

If not, would it be the Jets ugly blue/bronze Titans throwbacks? You listed that those colors are being changed, so why would they adjust them unless they planned on wearing them again, right?

It's not the Eagles bringing back the yellow and periwinkle, is it?

Paul Lukas somewhat spilled the beans today in his ESPN column - it's a Steelers throwback all right - but not one that has been worn as a throwback thus far.

Maybe it's just my eyeballs / monitor, but did the Bucs' metallic pewter "cool" while the silvers "warmed"?

The silvers look like there is a hint of blue in them now and the buc's pewter looks like it got darker.

I'd assume the Redskins will follow suit with the Steelers, and go with a throwback. A modern version of one would be cool though.

What would lead you to assume that?

Maybe it's just my eyeballs / monitor, but did the Bucs' metallic pewter "cool" while the silvers "warmed"?

The Bucs' Pewter is a curious one...something I've been meaning to address on my blog, but haven't gotten around to as of yet.

In a nutshell:

• Was designated as a PANTONE Metallic in 1997.
  • When Pantone changed the RGB values for its Metallics in 2002 or so - making the Bucs' Pewter less Brownish, and more Gray - Reebok decided to create a custom color for it.
  • Nike kept the custom color, but re-designated the original Pantone Metallic as the primary value.

It's my theory alone regarding the reasoning for the change to a custom color, but Reebok may have needed to make the change because of matching issues.

Archived