2012 NFL Color Changes

TruColor

So wait.. The only reason we seem to think the Redskin's gold pants are gone, is because the lighter shade of burgundy isn't there anymore?

Couldn't they have just matched the tone and we don't know it?

The Gold pants aren't part of the Skins' style guide anymore.

Just like the Falcons' Black pants FWIW.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So wait.. The only reason we seem to think the Redskin's gold pants are gone, is because the lighter shade of burgundy isn't there anymore?

But does that really mean they're gone? I thought our previous green alternate jersey never showed up in the style guide as well.

Just like the Falcons' Black pants FWIW.

And Bravebird begins to cry in... 3, 2, 1...

But does that really mean they're gone? I thought our previous green alternate jersey never showed up in the style guide as well.

True. It's hard to count on such things. Not only were the Seahawks' alt Green jerseys never in there, never were the Dark Navy pants.

Bills' Royal Blue pants are in there again.

Hard to definitively say on the Redskins; the Gold pants were only in there due to the usage of the throwback uniforms. They were never listed as a viable option for them. The throwbacks aren't in there this go-around, but they haven't unveiled their latest, rumored throwback. I haven't seen them; don't know what they'll look like. Maybe they will have Gold pants that the team will wear with the regular unis. I don't know.

On the other hand, the Cowboys' sheet states that their two sets of pants - the Silver road pants used with the Navy jerseys, and the Silver-Green pants worn with the White and Royal Blue jerseys - are "can be interchangeable with jerseys".

Yeah, like that will ever happen.

Actually, I thought it was announced before last season that the Cowboys were going to experiment with silver pants at home. Maybe even tried it in the preseason?

EDIT: It was 2010. Best I could find on short notice. http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2010/06/dallas_cowboys_changing_unifor.php

EDIT2: You're even in that story's comment stream, ColorWerx. If nothing else it was good to see someone official from the Cowboys admit the mess exists. Now if they'd just fix it.

Colorwerx, can you describe what these guides contain? If I missed that, sorry, but it would seem from your posts that they show the actual uni pieces like jerseys and pants. Having seen corporate style guides, it likely shows the colors, unis, and how each can (and can't) be displayed/used etc. Better yet, can you post one or are they confidential?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Actually, I thought it was announced before last season that the Cowboys were going to experiment with silver pants at home. Maybe even tried it in the preseason?

Not for nothing, but apparently it already happened once, albeit via gaffe...

r.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe it's just my eyeballs / monitor, but did the Bucs' metallic pewter "cool" while the silvers "warmed"?

The silvers look like there is a hint of blue in them now and the buc's pewter looks like it got darker.

I'd assume the Redskins will follow suit with the Steelers, and go with a throwback. A modern version of one would be cool though.

What would lead you to assume that?

It's their 80th Anniversary as well, I believe.

Maybe it's just my eyeballs / monitor, but did the Bucs' metallic pewter "cool" while the silvers "warmed"?

The silvers look like there is a hint of blue in them now and the buc's pewter looks like it got darker.

I'd assume the Redskins will follow suit with the Steelers, and go with a throwback. A modern version of one would be cool though.

What would lead you to assume that?

It's their 80th Anniversary as well, I believe.

I hate the feather helmet...and love it. Can't put my finger on why either way. Wonder if it'll be the throwback.

redskinfeather%20helmet%20group.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Colorwerx, can you describe what these guides contain? If I missed that, sorry, but it would seem from your posts that they show the actual uni pieces like jerseys and pants. Having seen corporate style guides, it likely shows the colors, unis, and how each can (and can't) be displayed/used etc. Better yet, can you post one or are they confidential?

I'll see what I can do...

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

You do, of course, realize that's not a throwback.

I can assure you I knew that. Nothing wrong with taking an original and modifying it for the better IMO.

>>>>>>

It's based off the '65- '69 uniform that's been tweaked. That I've always known. It's the Steelers alternates that are the true meaning of not being a genuine with their so-called throwback. They're a combination of about 4 or 5 throwbacks blended together. They only wore the yellow helmet with the 'STEEL' logo for something like the last 6 games of the 1962 season and the pants were Khaki rather that white I believe?

Even the Bills '65 throwbacks weren't 100% genuine. They moved the sleeve numbers to the shoulders and the sleeve stripes were somewhat different back in our 1965 AFL Championship season, but they were a gorgeous uniform all the same, just like the Redskins unis were in 2002 when Spurrier was there. I so loved that shade of claret from those. I've only seen Arsenal in England wear that exact color in their final season at Highbury before the Emirates was almost built. There was like a bit of plum in there. Minnesota Golden Gophers wore a bit similar a color too someone had said.

I was just a kid when the Redskins wore them and Lombardi came to coach them for a season while they wore that style. Then Lombardi had them redesigned to somewhat sport the look that's similar to Green Bay's, but he was gone when those debuted in 1970 I believe it was.

The top 2 are from 1965, bottom from 1969 ... Love these (and the front angular look on the LA Rams helmets):

2155539.jpg2155538.jpg

2155904.jpg5029232.jpg

r.jpg

Ah, thanks for that. It's good to see, especially with the other color next to it. I could have sworn they did it for a preseason game, though.

I know this is off topic, but I couldn't find the proper thread. Has there been any info about the collar slogans that are supposed to be on all the teams jerseys?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

r.jpg

Demarcus Ware is a honey badger

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived