2012 NFL Color Changes

TruColor

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I thought it was announced before last season that the Cowboys were going to experiment with silver pants at home. Maybe even tried it in the preseason?

Not for nothing, but apparently it already happened once, albeit via gaffe...

r.jpg

Ah, thanks for that. It's good to see, especially with the other color next to it. I could have sworn they did it for a preseason game, though.

Is he wearing the wrong pants or just a pair of the silver-greens that faded (or looks faded due to lighting)? They don't look pure silver, but they don't look like the other silver-greens either.

Actually, I thought it was announced before last season that the Cowboys were going to experiment with silver pants at home. Maybe even tried it in the preseason?

r.jpg

Ah, thanks for that. It's good to see, especially with the other color next to it. I could have sworn they did it for a preseason game, though.

Is he wearing the wrong pants or just a pair of the silver-greens that faded (or looks faded due to lighting)? They don't look pure silver, but they don't look like the other silver-greens either.

He's wearing the pants meant to be worn with the navy jerseys.

r.jpg

It's an optical illusion. The Cowboys have never worn silver pants at home with white jerseys.

• 1 month later...

interesting stuff......here's hoping <cough, cough>sanity</cough, cough> returns to the er, NFL, yeah right.....

and just for the record, count me in the minority who like the 'hawks uni re-design

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

You do, of course, realize that's not a throwback.

>>>>>

I know .... but very close and totally based off the '65-'69 version

But hey, even Buffalo's 1965's weren't genuine throwbacks ... teams who had striping and numbers on the sleeves back then had to move the numbers to the shoulders.

They pant striping on Washington's 70th anniversary version of 2002 looked alot better than the originals, as did the brighter gold coloring.

Overall, they did a great tweak-job of the uniforms and helmet logo from the originals.

2155904.jpg4373168.jpg

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

>>>>>

Very close and totally based off the '65-'69 version

They pant striping on Washington's of 2002 looked alot better than the originals, as did the brighter gold coloring.

Overall, they did a great tweak-job of the uniforms and helmet logo from the originals.

2155904.jpg4373168.jpg

Its not that I think the 70th anniversary version is terrible or anything, just that there are a few decisions that bug me enough that I usually think of them first when I see this uniform.

It seems strange to me that they kept that sock stripes as they were exactly, but changed the sleeve stripes completely. The whole point of having stripes on both the sleeves and socks is that they match. If they aren't going to match, you're better off with plain socks, IMO. Also, this look suffers from extreme logo placement. Do we really need spears on the helmet, sleeves, hips, and an anniversary patch? I'm never a fan of that, personally. Also the proportions on the pants stripe bug me... the dark is too thin compared to the white (a complete nitpick, I know).

I guess my main point would be, the uniform this is based on is so awesome, why "base" it at all? Just match it as close as the modern jersey template will let you, and you're good.

• 4 months later...

Archived