2012 NFL Color Changes

TruColor

As far as the Saints' shade of Gold goes, it's the variation they used from 1994-2001. It's a "blended" metallic - meaning it's a combination of metallic Silver along with percentages of Yellow 012 and Orange 021.

I'm excited for the Saints' color change, mostly because the severely mismatched golds these past few years have been one of my pet peeves. Plus, although I would prefer the darker old gold used on their throwbacks, the lighter late-90s gold doesn't look too shabby:

For comparison (thanks, Donovan!), here is the current shade of gold and the 1994-2001 shade of gold:

I just generated the new color swatches. Those of you who hate the mismatched Golds are still going to be unhappy.

And the new Gold for the "Classic" uniforms are a downgrade.

Do the style guides show the Falcons retro '66 uniforms? If so, how do they compare to the Reebok versions?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Cowboys helmets still silver-blue, or just silver? I've read both.

Silver-Blue. The color didn't change.

The Cowboys changed the Silver used in their logos and on their road unis (the Silver-Gray), and the Royal Blue used in the home uniforms.

And ironically, Black is now listed as an official Cowboys color for the first time ever (those tiny sleeve stripes on the home unis).

Do the style guides show the Falcons retro '66 uniforms? If so, how do they compare to the Reebok versions?

They're still there, although they are depicted as the same cut as the Reebok version. Same with the primary home and roads.

They're still there, although they are depicted as the same cut as the Reebok version. Same with the primary home and roads.

Thanks for the update. Interesting, though it makes sense seeing as ATL was one of a few teams that said no thanks to Nike's new materials and cuts.

Are the Lions getting black jerseys? Probably a slight chance, but I would love to see it happen.

Not at this time. The plain Silver-helmet Thanksgiving throwbacks are coming back however.

What about the Jets. During the unveiling there was a distinct change in the green on the uniforms. Looked more like a military green.

No color change for the Jets. Even taking in consideration Nike's proprietary color palette, the Jets and Packers are still using the same specs for their Green.

As far as the Saints' shade of Gold goes, it's the variation they used from 1994-2001. It's a "blended" metallic - meaning it's a combination of metallic Silver along with percentages of Yellow 012 and Orange 021.

I'm excited for the Saints' color change, mostly because the severely mismatched golds these past few years have been one of my pet peeves. Plus, although I would prefer the darker old gold used on their throwbacks, the lighter late-90s gold doesn't look too shabby:

For comparison (thanks, Donovan!), here is the current shade of gold and the 1994-2001 shade of gold:

I just generated the new color swatches. Those of you who hate the mismatched Golds are still going to be unhappy.

And the new Gold for the "Classic" uniforms are a downgrade.

Thanks for being the bearer of bad news. :(

gYH2mW9.png

So the Saints' black stripe is still the wide one like this they've been wearing? And is this what their away set looks like?

marques_colston_saints-7950.jpg

Damn I wish they'd change that pants stripe to b/w/b to match the helmet stripe. :cursing:

Here's the '94 shade of gold for comparison, and this reminds me, did they do gold numbers on the white jerseys?

a2.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Is there in fact a Redskins black one because I am praying that isn't happening...

If anything I would love to see some sort of homage to the 1965 uniforms they wore for the 2002 season. Those were pretty damn sweet

They will unveil a uniform on May 10th for the 80th Anniversary so it'll probably be a throwback.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I haven't seen anything regarding the Redskins' throwback (no Gold pants so far either)...

...but brace yourself for one team that's sporting a throwback uni next year.

It will hurt, and hurt bad.

B)

I haven't seen anything regarding the Redskins' throwback (no Gold pants so far either)...

...but brace yourself for one team that's sporting a throwback uni next year.

It will hurt, and hurt bad.

B)

I am figuring the Steelers?

Archived