2012 NFL Color Changes

TruColor

Is there in fact a Redskins black one because I am praying that isn't happening...

If anything I would love to see some sort of homage to the 1965 uniforms they wore for the 2002 season. Those were pretty damn sweet

They will unveil a uniform on May 10th for the 80th Anniversary so it'll probably be a throwback.

>>>>>>>

And as I've repeated many times, PLEASE let it be this one:

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen anything regarding the Redskins' throwback (no Gold pants so far either)...

...but brace yourself for one team that's sporting a throwback uni next year.

It will hurt, and hurt bad.

B)

I am figuring the Steelers?

yes. here's the look, from what I hear.

steelers_display_image.jpg?1268706442

Nope.

Here's a rundown of all 32 teams and the color changes. Note that I said color changes, not uniform modifications.

Also keep in mind - like what has been said before - that all teams may have a slight visual change on-field, due to the changeover from Reebok to Nike.

• Arizona Cardinals: no color changes.
  • Atlanta Falcons: the Silver (and the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver) has been slightly changed.
  • Baltimore Ravens: no color changes.
  • Buffalo Bills: no color changes.
  • Carolina Panthers: the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver has been changed. Very subtle change.
  • Chicago Bears: no color changes.
  • Cincinnati Bengals: no color changes.
  • Cleveland Browns: no real color changes, although the custom Reebok color used for the Brown is now designated as a generic custom color.
  • Dallas Cowboys: the Silver used in the wordmarks and in the dark/road uniforms has been changed, along with the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver. The Royal Blue used in the light/home uniforms has also been modified.
  • Denver Broncos: no color changes.
  • Detroit Lions: the Silver (and the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver) has been changed.
  • Green Bay Packers: no color changes.
  • Houston Texans: no color changes.
  • Indianapolis Colts: no color changes.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: the Metallic Gold - which is only used in the helmet decal - has been changed. The flat Gold used elsewhere has not been modified.
  • Kansas City Chiefs: the Red has been modified. It's a long story, but the Red (in print) has been restored to the shade used prior to 2007. It probably won't look any different at all on-field.
  • Miami Dolphins: no color changes.
  • Minnesota Vikings: the Purple has been changed to the value used prior to 2010. Like the Chiefs, it probably won't look any different on-field.
  • New England Patriots: the Silver (and the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver) has been changed.
  • New Orleans Saints: the Old Gold (and the flat-non-metallic alternate Gold) has been changed. The other multiple Golds have also been removed. In addition, the Old Gold and flat, non-metallic Gold used in the Classic uniforms has also been changed.
  • New York Giants: no color changes. However, the secondary mark (Giants Stadium mark) has been removed (a couple years too late) - so the Brown and Beige used in that mark have been removed.
  • New York Jets: no color changes. However, the New York Titans' (Classic uniforms) color designation for the Gold/Bronze has been changed.
  • Oakland Raiders: no color changes.
  • Philadelphia Eagles: no color changes (so far anyway...this is the only team whose logosheets haven't been updated by the NFL).
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: the Royal Blue used in the primary mark has been slightly modified.
  • St. Louis Rams: no color changes. However, the Royal Blue used in the Classic throwback uniforms has been modified.
  • San Diego Chargers: no color changes.
  • San Francisco 49ers: no color changes.
  • Seattle Seahawks: brand-new color scheme. What I'll also add is that all of the colors now being used have NOT been used previously. All new.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: the Pewter that had been designated as a custom Reebok color since 2008, is now designated as the original Pantone metallic color, or as a generic custom color.
  • Tennessee Titans: the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver has been changed.
  • Washington Redskins: no real color changes, but since the aforementioned Gold pants have apparently been scrapped, the lighter Burgundy used in said pants has been removed.

That pretty much does it.

I haven't seen anything regarding the Redskins' throwback (no Gold pants so far either)...

...but brace yourself for one team that's sporting a throwback uni next year.

It will hurt, and hurt bad.

B)

I am figuring the Steelers?

yes. here's the look, from what I hear.

Nope.

I thought I remembered hearing that the Bears would be getting throwbacks this year...

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It can't be five years since they unveiled their blue throwbacks, can it?

They wore their normal orange alternates last year. I believe the blue throwbacks didn't count in on the 5 year rule since they were worn for an anniversary.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here's a rundown of all 32 teams and the color changes. Note that I said color changes, not uniform modifications.

Also keep in mind - like what has been said before - that all teams may have a slight visual change on-field, due to the changeover from Reebok to Nike.

• Arizona Cardinals: no color changes.
  • Atlanta Falcons: the Silver (and the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver) has been slightly changed.
  • Baltimore Ravens: no color changes.
  • Buffalo Bills: no color changes.
  • Carolina Panthers: the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver has been changed. Very subtle change.
  • Chicago Bears: no color changes.
  • Cincinnati Bengals: no color changes.
  • Cleveland Browns: no real color changes, although the custom Reebok color used for the Brown is now designated as a generic custom color.
  • Dallas Cowboys: the Silver used in the wordmarks and in the dark/road uniforms has been changed, along with the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver. The Royal Blue used in the light/home uniforms has also been modified.
  • Denver Broncos: no color changes.
  • Detroit Lions: the Silver (and the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver) has been changed.
  • Green Bay Packers: no color changes.
  • Houston Texans: no color changes.
  • Indianapolis Colts: no color changes.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: the Metallic Gold - which is only used in the helmet decal - has been changed. The flat Gold used elsewhere has not been modified.
  • Kansas City Chiefs: the Red has been modified. It's a long story, but the Red (in print) has been restored to the shade used prior to 2007. It probably won't look any different at all on-field.
  • Miami Dolphins: no color changes.
  • Minnesota Vikings: the Purple has been changed to the value used prior to 2010. Like the Chiefs, it probably won't look any different on-field.
  • New England Patriots: the Silver (and the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver) has been changed.
  • New Orleans Saints: the Old Gold (and the flat-non-metallic alternate Gold) has been changed. The other multiple Golds have also been removed. In addition, the Old Gold and flat, non-metallic Gold used in the Classic uniforms has also been changed.
  • New York Giants: no color changes. However, the secondary mark (Giants Stadium mark) has been removed (a couple years too late) - so the Brown and Beige used in that mark have been removed.
  • New York Jets: no color changes. However, the New York Titans' (Classic uniforms) color designation for the Gold/Bronze has been changed.
  • Oakland Raiders: no color changes.
  • Philadelphia Eagles: no color changes (so far anyway...this is the only team whose logosheets haven't been updated by the NFL).
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: the Royal Blue used in the primary mark has been slightly modified.
  • St. Louis Rams: no color changes. However, the Royal Blue used in the Classic throwback uniforms has been modified.
  • San Diego Chargers: no color changes.
  • San Francisco 49ers: no color changes.
  • Seattle Seahawks: brand-new color scheme. What I'll also add is that all of the colors now being used have NOT been used previously. All new.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: the Pewter that had been designated as a custom Reebok color since 2008, is now designated as the original Pantone metallic color, or as a generic custom color.
  • Tennessee Titans: the flat, non-metallic alternate Silver has been changed.
  • Washington Redskins: no real color changes, but since the aforementioned Gold pants have apparently been scrapped, the lighter Burgundy used in said pants has been removed.

That pretty much does it.

So where is the crazy color thing. I swear I heard on here that the Steelers were going to wear those crazy throwbacks. I don't know who else you'd be talking about. Packers already where the smiley face jerseys, Bucs wear the creamsicles, Broncos & Bears orange pants. I don't know where else to look. Redskins feather down the middle helmet?

Is there in fact a Redskins black one because I am praying that isn't happening...

If anything I would love to see some sort of homage to the 1965 uniforms they wore for the 2002 season. Those were pretty damn sweet

They will unveil a uniform on May 10th for the 80th Anniversary so it'll probably be a throwback.

>>>>>>>

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

You do, of course, realize that's not a throwback.

Skins are cutting the gold pants? Boo!! At least I don't have to worry about if they're going to wear them or not anymore.

I'm with you brother. There is no way the Skins should get rid of the gold pants. It upsets me so much that I even wrote Bruce Allen about it. His email adress is Bruce.Allen@Redskins.com if you're interested in doing the same.

HTTR!

>>>>>>>

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

You do, of course, realize that's not a throwback.

It's throwback-ish.

Close enough, especially since it's so much better-looking than their regular uniform.

Skins are cutting the gold pants? Boo!! At least I don't have to worry about if they're going to wear them or not anymore.

I'm with you brother. There is no way the Skins should get rid of the gold pants. It upsets me so much that I even wrote Bruce Allen about it. His email adress is Bruce.Allen@Redskins.com if you're interested in doing the same.

HTTR!

Then just develop pants that actually match the rest of the uniform stylistically and in terms of color.

Pants from a retro uniform THAT INCLUDED A DIFFERING SHADE OF BURGUNDY was just ridiculous.

I am no Redskins fan, but they look sooo much better with yellow pants.

Like you guys said, just make them with the right colors and design (even using two thick white + burgundy stripes down the side like the other pants, if only for consistency).

On a different note, I don't recall Tennessee wearing silver... Is that in the logo, in a patch or somewhere in the unis?

Archived