Best ballpark skylines?

Ark

The other ballpark thread inspired me to make this. While this is sort of discussed, I think it it deserves its own thread.

PNC has to be the best I've been to. I love Pittsburgh's skyline.

hefiD.jpg

I also love SkyDome's view of the CN Tower. Very intimidating.

IZFxZ.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PNC's is great, definitely. I think it's the best skyline for an MLB ballpark.

But I'm going to go in a different direction with my nominations:

Blair County Ballpark (Altoona Curve)

altoona3.jpg

Campbell's Field (Camden Riversharks)

camden3.jpg

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Obviously people are going to biased here. I'd say, from my viewing experience and knowledge, people love PNC Park.

But, the above photo of Turner Field does not do Atlanta's justice. It's a great look if you are sitting in the upper deck down the right field line.

PNC Park hands down, I agree with the others.

When you can see an amazing view of the skyline from inside the park, not having to have an aerial view, you have something.

I always wish the Yankees would move to Manhattan with a view of the Empire State Building in the background. I'd cry.

2ly2w09.jpg

Pittsburgh and it's not even close. St. Louis in a perfectly acceptable second. Detroit's is okay, but I don't find it very distinctive. Baltimore has the warehouse, but I consider that more of the park itself than the panorama.

Kansas City before the expansion was oddly calming.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Campbell's Field (Camden Riversharks)

camden3.jpg

Thats a real stadium? This was on NCAA Baseball when EA Sports made it and I always played here

Yep, we drive over that bridge all the time going into Jersey from Philly. There is a parking lot just outside of CF there which we park in for concerts (there is a music venue right by that park).

21dh5qp.png

Going into the minors some more...

BB&T Ballpark (great view since the ballpark is downhill from downtown, but it doesn't show up well in pics)

image1.jpg

Autozone Park (from the outfield seats, this pic is from a building in center field, likely the downtown YMCA)

cfiles67106.jpg

Not a skyline, but an impressive view in Bluefield WV,VA (Bluefield WV runs the ballpark but it technically sits in Virginia.)

bluefield7.jpg

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

5594417064_e573ea6e52_z.jpg

PETCO Park (San Diego Padres) - Always impressive with the views of downtown SD (which is expanding constantly in that area), particularly interesting when planes start landing in the distance.

32119440_fb202eb35c_z.jpg

Raley Field (Sacramento RiverCats) - Great views of downtown Sacramento and the Tower Bridge which is even prettier at night all lit up.

4585285150_b2e258e3c2_z.jpg

Nat Bailey Stadium (Vancouver Canadians) - Stunning views of picturesque Queen Elizabeth Park behind the fences.

Archived