2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I'm a Leeds United fan and one of my all-time favorite kits was the Diadora kit that was worn in 2004-2005 .... That shirt has a great fit to it, and I love the style. I think they must've got bought out or stopped making soccer kits, as many clubs in Serie A used to wear them.

leeds-diadora-leeds-home-04-05.gif

After that my favorite shirts are my Nike ones from the early 2000s when STRONGBOW was sponsor. Right now we're using Macron which I'm starting to see more football clubs wear in Europe.

Anyway .... I'm watching the México vs Brasil game on Univision. México is back in their red socks, it's an Adidas kit. Brasil in their traditional yellow shirt w/ green trim, blue shorts, white socks. I seriously dislike Adidas soccer kits and my main reason is they all seem to have to have those 3 stupid stripes on the shoulders. It looks silly on teams that wear vertical stripes like AC Milan and many others. My lone exception is Real Madrid this past season with the burnished gold striping, numbers, and names.

What I can't understand (my Spanish is very limited) is why the roof is closed on a June day, and why Jerry-world didn't convert the playing surface to natural grass like so many of the other North American venues do each summer when big clubs from outside the USA play here.

I know they were discussing it in the pregame show, but I just couldn't make out what they were saying .... Did anybody who speaks Español catch that part??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't seem like they all have the three stripes. They do all have the three stripes.

Adidas insists on slapping the three stripes on everything and most of the time it detracts from the overall look. The only soccer branding that looks as bad is Kappa.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well .... It looks dreadful (IMO) with those 3 Adidas shoulder stripes on certain kits ...

Perfect example and as I mentioned prior is the AC Milan home shirt with their traditional red and black vertical stripes.

ac-milan-home-shirt-2012-13.jpg

What I can't understand (my Spanish is very limited) is why the roof is closed on a June day, and why Jerry-world didn't convert the playing surface to natural grass like so many of the other North American venues do each summer when big clubs from outside the USA play here.

Sometimes venues will close the roof if it's going to be hot. It takes the heat of the sun away and means the air conditioning is turned on, meaning a game can be played in more pleasant conditions for soccer.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Both teams in amazing looks for US vs Canada. Hoops for US and Centennial kit for Canada.

I wish Canada would adopt the Centennial kit as the primary, it's too nice to only use once.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Well it was going to be a challenge for Warrior to match the beauty of the home...but I wasn't expecting this bad of a whiff.

At least it's not blue to match the sponsor's logo, as had been rumoured. That would have caused a riot at Anfield.

gerrard_away_kit.jpg

Liverpool's "maritime" inspired away kit. More like "Beam me up Scotty" if you ask me...

Wow. :shocked:

That...is reeeaaallllyyy bad.

Hopefully these will somehow, someway go the way of another uniform modification that took effect under John Henry's watch:

dsc_3206-thumb-532x354.jpg?w=532&h=354

Thought Cardiff had cancelled plans to change to red shirts and dragons (meant to appeal more to asian market - new owners are malaysian). Wow

_60716646_cardiff_rebrand_combo624.jpg

full story here

Really can't see the point of this. Are Asian fans really more likely to follow Cardiff if they were red? Seems a strange notion to me.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived