2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I didn't like how France looked at all. It just isn't a French look with the gold trims and numbers. Needs the red/white/blue motif in there somewhere.

You know the whole clashing shorts issue has gone too far when England are wearing all white and France are wearing all blue. It's 2012, we aren't watching in black and white, we're all watching on digital television at a minimum, we can tell white shirts/blue shorts apart from blue shirts/white shorts.

I love England in all white, but I really hate seeing clashing shorts. It just bugs me to no end, so I'm glad that they still try to differentiate them

Manchester-City-icon.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like how France looked at all. It just isn't a French look with the gold trims and numbers. Needs the red/white/blue motif in there somewhere.

You know the whole clashing shorts issue has gone too far when England are wearing all white and France are wearing all blue. It's 2012, we aren't watching in black and white, we're all watching on digital television at a minimum, we can tell white shirts/blue shorts apart from blue shirts/white shorts.

I love England in all white, but I really hate seeing clashing shorts. It just bugs me to no end, so I'm glad that they still try to differentiate them

Tradition comes in here. France should have royal blue shirts white shorts and red socks, England should have white shirts, navy shorts and white socks. If there were a clash, fine. But in this case there shouldn't be. Nike have used, or made the federations and associations use, the clash excuse too much. Same for Puma. Czech Repubkic dont need to be in all red. I can kind of give the Dutch a pass on wearing all orange as they have worn it in the past.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here's the new Man City shirt for 2012-13

Peek a blue: Manchester City's 'secret' new home kit

revealed after it goes on display in Australian shop

man_citeh_kit_12-13.jpg

*nicked from the Manchester Evening News

12-Jun-2012 - Mike Keegan

This is the new Manchester City home kit which can be revealed today by the MEN before its official release – after it went on sale in Australia.

The shirt, featuring a black badge and collar, was put on display at a sports shop in Brisbane priced at $99 - about £63. It was spotted by an eagle-eyed ex-pat who took this exclusive snap. The shirt was supposed to be unveiled to the public as part of a high-profile launch later this summer.

Details have been kept top-secret and the club have not even confirmed a release date. The Blues declined to comment last night. But it is understood the shirt is the genuine article – and City are set to investigate how it came to go on sale 12,000 miles from the Etihad Stadium.

The stunned shopper, who asked not to be named, snapped the polo shirt-style jersey while on a trip in Queensland. He said: "I was doing some shopping and I went into Rebel Sports in Queen Street. "I am an Oldham fan but I have a soft sport for City and straight away I realised what it was. "I thought it might have been wrong but it had all the tags on and was being advertised as the new Manchester City shirt. "It was definitely the genuine article and they were charging $99 for it. "I follow football quite closely and I knew that it hadn't been released yet so I was quite surprised." The fan added that he had brought the matter to the attention of Etihad stadium bosses. He said: "They also had United, Liverpool and Arsenal kits but they were all from last season. I emailed City the picture because I thought they had better know." The 2012/13 kit will be the last to be made by Manchester-based manufacturers Umbro before City switch to Nike.

Its launch will feature a number of Blues supporters after the club and Umbro asked fans for their ideas. Stars Mario Balotelli, David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Joe Hart and Samir Nasri all starred in a recruitment video asking supporters for their thoughts. The new shirt, which features a black badge and collar, retains the club's traditional sky blue colour. But the sponsors name, club crest and manufacturer's logo are all in black. Club bosses signed a £12m a season deal with Nike for future kits after their improved performances on the pitch saw them crowned champions for the first time in 44 years last month.

Tradition comes in here. France should have royal blue shirts white shorts and red socks, England should have white shirts, navy shorts and white socks. If there were a clash, fine. But in this case there shouldn't be. Nike have used, or made the federations and associations use, the clash excuse too much. Same for Puma. Czech Repubkic dont need to be in all red. I can kind of give the Dutch a pass on wearing all orange as they have worn it in the past.

When it comes to clashing colors, UEFA has the final say, not Nike. However, both teams decided that the monochrome look will be what they wear for this cycle.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Amazing as always for Atletico:

ATLMA12home-1.jpg

Why cant Barca look that good?

Because Barca's kits are far more likely to be counterfeited and therefore need to be proofed against that. (Though personally I think the Barca's new look is actually going to turn into a modern day classic!)

I'm actually beginning to warm up to the new look for Barca. The more I look at it the more I like it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Amazing as always for Atletico:

ATLMA12home-1.jpg

Why cant Barca look that good?

Because Barca's kits are far more likely to be counterfeited and therefore need to be proofed against that. (Though personally I think the Barca's new look is actually going to turn into a modern day classic!)

I'm actually beginning to warm up to the new look for Barca. The more I look at it the more I like it.

I actually don't mind that look for the U.S. team. Gets away from the 'Waldo' or 'prison' look for sure. Add navy cuffs and shorts of course, and a better crest than the current U.S. ensemble has, but other than that...

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ugh, Macron going the Kappa/Puma route. "ARE YOU AWARE THAT WE ARE THE MANUFACTURERS OF THIS SHIRT? YEAH? YOU SURE? WELL HERE, LET ME CLEAR IT UP FOR YOU JUST IN CASE."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Vancouver Whitecaps unveil their 3rd kit tomorrow at 11, hopefully iy's not that brown one that was shown a couple months ago.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/caps3rdKit

It is, and I got to say, I am seriously jealous.

They're actually growing on me. They look a lot better on an actual person than in the professional ad photos. Might have to pick one up this Saturday at BC Place.

Archived