2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I saw this detail from the new Villa kits online yesterday. I didn't see it posted here though:

0,,10265~10946854,00.jpg

I had noticed the yellow stripe before, but not the lion. Guess their pic caption makes even more sense now.

The lion is what I was specifically referring to. From what I've read, it's on the back of the shirt.

Yup, it is. Back right, I believe.

And holy :censored:, the neon-ish green road shirt is actually happening! :D

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the England game, and the Umbro logo being in white is very jarring when the other details of the kit are nearly all in light blue.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Juventus

Juve212intro.jpg

More: http://todosobrecamisetas.blogspot.com/2012/06/oficial-camiseta-de-visita-nike-de-la.html

Not liking the white block...was putting "Jeep" in white lettering out of the question?

Newcastle Home

PumLeak4.jpg

Different...at least is got more than two stripes. I'm on the fence about the "artistic" stripe elements, but as a Toon supporter I'll still buy it.

Well it's an improvement, like you said with the more than two stripes. I can definitely get behind the "artistic" stripe elements, as you put it. Virgin Money will look good there too.

Finally a fully quality Puma kit for Newcastle.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Watching the England game, and the Umbro logo being in white is very jarring when the other details of the kit are nearly all in light blue.

Aside from that one thing, and the fact it's not red, I actually really like the England away kit.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I saw this detail from the new Villa kits online yesterday. I didn't see it posted here though:

0,,10265~10946854,00.jpg

I had noticed the yellow stripe before, but not the lion. Guess their pic caption makes even more sense now.

The lion is what I was specifically referring to. From what I've read, it's on the back of the shirt.

Yup, it is. Back right, I believe.

And holy :censored:, the neon-ish green road shirt is actually happening! :D

West Ham had a similar thing on their 2011/12 kits, as shown here:

7379309164_88902789e8_b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo but it was taken on my phone and the jersey was on my bed.

It's quite a nice touch, and I'd be interested to see if other macron teams have it.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Doesn't bug me since the background of the bade is white, too.

In all our discussions of Euro 2012 jerseys, one point has been missed. Puma'snumber font is awful!

It's truly terrible. It looks like a combination between beveled masking tape and pixelation.

Masking tape?

Haha .... from a distance it surely does, but zoomed in it looks somewhat better.

Puma got carried away on this one, trying to get too fancy. The lower-case fonts for the names looks awful.

I like the Nike kits best at the Euro's ... no contest

chiellini-italy-home-shirt-2012-13.jpg

The font adidas used on the Real Madrid 2010-11 kits I liked it so much I downloaded it into my font directory after searching for it online.

regular_2010realmadridhomeshirtK8.jpg

real-madrid-home-soccer-jersey-kit-ronaldo-7-2010-11.jpg

Just a question in regards to the New York Cosmos...Why has Umbro released a new kit for the team when they don't exist on the field or in a league? Is it just a money grabbing scheme or is the team actually coming to fruition in the MLS (In which case it will be changed to Adidas)?

Just a question in regards to the New York Cosmos...Why has Umbro released a new kit for the team when they don't exist on the field or in a league? Is it just a money grabbing scheme or is the team actually coming to fruition in the MLS (In which case it will be changed to Adidas)?

They are trying to promote themselves to MLS in order to be selected as the next expansion team. There's no true on-field team per se, but they're trying to build up the organization.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They exist at youth level, just not the pro level. It is a strange situation since they have put themselves out as a soccer entity, yet their only pro level experience has been a testimonial match in Manchester, England with a roster that was mostly former players who wouldn't make a MLS roster because they would cost too much.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They are trying to promote themselves to MLS in order to be selected as the next expansion team. There's no true on-field team per se, but they're trying to build up the organization.

They exist at youth level, just not the pro level. It is a strange situation since they have put themselves out as a soccer entity, yet their only pro level experience has been a testimonial match in Manchester, England with a roster that was mostly former players who wouldn't make a MLS roster because they would cost too much.

Yeah, the youth teams wore those uniforms.

The new owners have taken a step back, cutting ties with the academies and concentrating more on securing a SSS. The Cosmos dream is still alive, just a little less public than it was a year ago.

OTOH, Umbro still puts out merchandise, so it must be selling. And that helps keep up some awareness.

I don't get it. So is Man City switching to Nike after next season?

Yes.

Nike is selling off Umbro, but before they do they're taking over some of its high-profile properties.

Anyone have the breakdown? Will Nike take national team properties like England?

Archived