Think Pink: Tampa Bay Rays

raysox

First off, this was inspired by Lights Out's concept. I will admit that, but I did use a similar scheme for a yakball concept, so I thought it would be cool. Everything else is completely mine.

So the first things I sketched was the TB and Rays script, but didn't know what to do with them. I tweaked them, and got the shape of it. In English class, I started to draw a ray based on memory, then all of a sudden I nailed the shape. I had to turn in the notes, but I then drew it like 10 times in a notebook and went with it. I got home and started to work. I knew I wanted to do an effect like a gradient, but similar to the final product. I started to mess around and it turned out looking like this. I just went with it after finalizing the colors.

So yeah, I basically cranked this out. Completely drawn on inkscape, and not traced. I put together some uniforms based off the currents, and really REALLY want a cap with the road uniform.

Rays1.png

Rays2.png

Nah man, it's all good. I just used hot pink once, so I'm not claiming it by anymeans. I just saw your concept, and thought up a concept because I liked the direction you went in. So I had to bring you up, because your thread was up when I first sketched the TB.

I'll work on a Tampa Bay script, and get back you you all tomorrow

You are brilliant.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Love the color scheme and the gradient on the script. But I'm not really a fan of the script itself. The R is the offender. It doesn't fit with AYS. Match that up and see what happens.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Wow. This just... works.

Never thought I'd enjoy a hot pink concept, but this is fantastic.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I would like to see a jersey and cap with a devil ray on it. everything else is perfection.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

updated the images with the new script, and no stirrups.

Cody, here is a cap with the Ray on it. I like the TB more, so I went with it.

Rayscap.png

Here is the concept with the current colors. I actually think this looks REALLY good too.

Thanks for posting that up! it could be used as an alt or BP cap if you want. It looks really nice and i love it in todays colours as well.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Wow. Love it, and I know I shouldn't. There's a nice balance to the color scheme, and it's especially effective on the home and road unis, with the pink playing a supporting role to the blue. (Of course, this scheme would probably make more sense in a "sunnier" city like Miami where there's at least the possibility to play with the sky over your head...)

Logos, scripts, and numerals also work well, especially as a unit. And I love the updated ray. He's much more aggressive and has a much better sense of movement. Really good work on an outside-the-box concept.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

These are awesome!!! I have actually been thinking of taking on a project like this with the North Carolina Tarheels Basketball and use different color schemes. I'm still a rookie so it'll be a while before I have something worth while. But anyways, great job and youve inspired me to keep working on it.

Archived