Steelers unveiling new throw/fauxbacks

eliminator jr

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"@steelers: We will hold a press conference to unveil our throwback jersey for this upcoming season Live on http://t.co/CU9XKQt8 tomorrow at 4:30 p.m."

That was tweeted yesterday. So it'll be today at 4:30 Pittsburgh time.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

as a hardcore steeler fan i'm excited about any unveiling or announcement that the team does but i can't say i'm very optimistic for this. While I think the normal uniforms are some of the best in the league many of the steelers' past uniforms aren't that great nor do they translate to modern football very well. I thought the throwbacks that they have been using the past 5 years were the best option and quite sharp looking. The original '33 uniforms that they brought back for the leauges 75th anniversary are ok when looking back but translated badly when updated for current use plus they used their black helmet when it should have been yellow. Maybe a version of the '34s would look better. They will probably be using the yellow diamond yoke uniforms from the late 60s. I'm not really a fan of those jerseys at all but i guess i'll wait and see what they do with them. The only other throwback i'd like to see other than the ones they have been using are maybe the all white combination with the yellow diamonds on the sleeves from the early 60s. The likely hood of those being the choice are approximately 0 since it doesn't make sense for them to have an away alt.

Personally if they aren't going to keep the same throwback i'd like to see them come up with something new.

If it's the '33 prison stripes, my mind will be blown. Also, my eyes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From what it sounds like my guess is either the 1967 or 1934 throwback. Now I have zero info on them, I just looked up their uni history and those look the most drastic

According to Paul Lukas, they aren't going to be the 1967 ones. The way people are describing our upcoming reactions, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with the 1934 ones.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

well the 33s have been done before (and not well). i guess i'd rather see the 34s, at least there are numbers on the front.

By the way these are the options i guess.

Pittsburgh+Steelers+1200.jpg

I posted the 1933 jersey and colorwrex said no. Yet he's saying our minds will be blown. 1933, 1934, 1943 would be the only things that would be mind blowing. I can't see them rocking Steagles green. 1933 was their 1st year so it would make more sense than 1934.

Mind blown? Don't want to see it? Eyes burning?

Hopefully this is all hyperbole.

Think about it this way. If the Steelers want to A ) make money, B ) honor tradition, or C ) both: they have to go with an outrageous design. Their uniform history is too homogenized to roll out some uniform with a slight change that only a few people like the CCSLC crowd will notice.

Go big or go home, and don't suffer the wags.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

Well they do play the Eagles this year, so maybe a Steagles throwback? Wouldn't make much sense from a marketing perspective though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe it's the 1979 set, and our eyes are going to be blown because it's not something ridiculous from 80 years ago but rather something kind of normal...you know, a little tongue-in-cheek reverse psychology...

:)

Okay, okay, probably the 1934 set if I had to take a guess. I enjoyed the '33s in 1994 and that opinion hasn't changed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived