Unrealized Stadium Concepts

NJTank

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic page.

Man, the preliminary designs for PNC Park looked even better. On the outside, at least.

PNC_98_model3.jpg

What's interesting is that little party deck on the outside at right field is still there, but much much smaller and mostly overlooked, and that they originally had lights in the outfield.

And damn did they drop the ball on Three Rivers.

3riv_concept_11.jpg

And this...

Pitt_1958.jpg

... I don't even know.

oBIgzrL.png

The floating Padres field could've been awesome.

SD_float_BB.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Surprised more people don't know about that site. Its about the best site I've found in learning about past stadium proposals and why they worked or didn't work.

The only concept I know of that I don't see on the site is a concept the Star Ledger proposed for what a new Yankee Stadium should look back in the late 90's.

I doubt the concept ever got taken seriously. It just seemed to be an idea thrown out there by a newspaper, but there's other proposals listed on that site that never really got off the ground either. If nothing else it was cool to look at. If somebody out there could find that article that would amazing. I used to have it but I don't know where it is now and I don't see anything about it in their impossible to use archive site.

Really cool site that is right up my alley.

In my teenage years I'd spend hours drawing stadium concepts in MS Paint. Yes, MS Paint. I had one for almost every team.

They were lost when that old desktop crashed. I wish I still had those because I drew one for a Marlins retractable roof stadium that is so close to what they ended up going with it's scary (except my roof had 8 triangular panels that rose from the sides of the octagonal stadium and met in the middle above the playing surface.)

If only I wasn't so terrible at math I'd have gone into architecture.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived