Defunct NHL team concepts

ledik75

Yeah, they're all by drgnmrrw, or however he spells it. Forgot how nice those were.

Yeah that's right they were done by him. Couldn't remember his name, but I do remember he had a Pearl Jam album cover as his avatar I believe? Not sure how I remembered that!

Think I seen these logos here before in that other site.. still love some of the logos.. especially the Bulldogs and nice Whalers logo.. love it!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

That Jets identity is SO much better than what they have now, I really wish they had taken a direction similar to that instead.

I fondly remember that thread. dgnmrwrw hit just about every one of those identities out of the park.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That Jets identity is SO much better than what they have now, I really wish they had taken a direction similar to that instead.

I fondly remember that thread. dgnmrwrw hit just about every one of those identities out of the park.

Do you think True North Sports and Entertainment also liked this Jets identity? There seems to be some "borrowed" elements. The use of the roundel, the winged logo. The shape of the jet used on the winged logo.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I see he was linking directly to the images still in my account... so now that old Photobucket account is over its bandwith limit. Great.

But for those interested in this series, I am working on an update for the whole thing, with refined logos and uniforms (less piping!). It's early, but should be finished before too long.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Cant wait dgnmrwrw!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived