Continental Independent Baseball League: the Expansion

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Somehow I completely missed this when it was actually being posted. Amazing stuff. This should have gotten as much attention as the current hotness concept leagues. Here's a vote for finishing it off.

• 5 months later...

Ottawa Stags
Ottawa, ON

5plPF4v.png

I told you it'd be back! For anyone who followed this series, big apologies for the almost two-year delay. This work kinda got lost among everything else I was doing, but I'm going to try to post it all, really just to finish it off. (In fact, I started an expansion CIBL project, so if I have time to finish the last remaining bits, I'll post all of that too...) So here we go.

The Stags' colors are a bit odd--wine, navy, rose, and gray--but hopefully they work together. The type and the wordmarks are very stylized, including flourishes on the interior of the characters. The cap logo is a simple stylized O. For the unis, I went with the O instead of a "Stags" wordmark, because I liked the classic simplicity. The alternate logo is the stag head set within a stylized diamond.

9zroLwd.png

ht0oizq.png

r1mH1pc.png

HtnBjxL.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Has it already been two years? It's been a fast two years for me...anyway that deer looks so slick and majestic. Love the pose.

My only two complaints would be:

1. With a baseball that big, the seams should have more detail, so we can see the individual seams (although I know for me personally seams can be a pain)

2. The legs get lost among the trees kind of.

I think a stag stand-alone logo would look really nice.

Very inspiring stuff here.

Portland Chinook
Portland, OR

VWGlobq.png

Colors here are marine green and forest green, with touches of silver and pink. For the wordmarks, I wanted a wavy, rising effect to evoke moving upstream against river rapids, and the cap logo is a simple stylized P, whose colors mimic those of the chinook: silver on top and a white belly. The alternate logo/sleeve patch is a stand-alone chinook (which is also in the shape of a C).

MygTejz.png

sUnTWVY.png

S2mH7IJ.png

hZ7JW3s.png

Salt Lake City Cougars
Salt Lake City, UT

D6DXzbZ.png

Anyone who followed PuckDrawn has seen most of this before. Colors are burnt orange, purple, and gray. The Cougar--which is also the cap logo--is very stylized. The home wordmark is a classic baseball script, while the road wordmark uses the custom type. The sleeve patch features a cougar print set over a western mesa scene within a baseball diamond. (That one may not be working that well...)

4ZVWFq9.png

YDh8z3l.png

5FXXEhB.png

YyzDqSC.png

Thank you for bringing this back!!! First off, your Stag is a thing of beauty and done perfectly! Portland Chinook, another really sharp looking set that you put a lot of thought into, and finally, your Cougars have a very classic, yet modern feel to them, great work all around, good to have this project back!

DLWatt.png

Archived