Continental Independent Baseball League: the Expansion

dgnmrwrw

Ok. So for now, I'm going to leave the Colonels' cap logo on the table and see what else evolves. Despite my love for the monogram (of some variation), perhaps the stand-alone B over swords would be better. And one of the other B-capped teams may be changing anyway.

@illwauk: You and others have completely valid points, but I think I'm going to be sticking with Green Bay. In retrospect, there were perhaps better choices, but I'm too deep into the concept/project and too short on time at this point to change it. And like I said, this project is more about the designs themselves than the feasibility/reality of the fictional league. When I go back after the conclusion of the whole shebang, I'll definitely look at changing it.

So let's move on. Next team up soon.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boise Wranglers

Boise, ID

logo_prim.png

The Wranglers' colors are brown, orange, silver and gray. The primary logo features a stylized cowboy with a whirling lasso, set above the team wordmark. The typography has strong, sharp serifs and is designed to evoke a barbed-wire motif. The cap logo is a simple beveled silver and gray B, outlined in orange. The alternate logo sleeve patch is the cowboy's head, with a silver and gray bevel.

The Wranglers wear white home uniforms with brown pinstripes and multi-striped socks. The home alternate is a simple brown jersey with silver numbers outlined in orange. (All of the silver stitching/fabric would be shiny or reflective.) On the road, the unis are gray, and there's more emphasis on gray over orange in general (notice the socks). The numbers are brown outlined in silver, and there is brown and orange piping. The road alternate jersey brown, with the B logo on the chest. A more detailed look at the home and road wordmarks.

uni_home.png

uni_home_alt.png

uni_road.png

uni_road_alt.png

Great stuff! Really like the work so far. Very much like the Wranglers colors and the logo is very nice.

Think you missed an opportunity to go with a sleeveless alternate jersey to evoke the vest of the wrangler in the logo.

That Birmingham concept is one of the best if not the best concepts I have seen. Everything from the logos to the unis are just top notch.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Great stuff! Really like the work so far. Very much like the Wranglers colors and the logo is very nice.

Think you missed an opportunity to go with a sleeveless alternate jersey to evoke the vest of the wrangler in the logo.

This is an interesting idea. Were you thinking brown vest with white sleeves, to match the logo? Or a more traditional white vest with brown sleeves?

Okay, here are two potential home alternates for Boise.

Option #2: Brown vest with white sleeves, to match the style of the logo.

Option #3: White vest with brown sleeves.

Both new looks use a striping pattern similar to the road alternate uniform. Option #2 is neat because it matches the logo, but I think it's a little too jarring. I'm leaning toward the more traditional look of Option #3, but that almost defeats the purpose of going with a vest.

So what do you guys think? The original, or #2 or #3?

I'm still torn on the Boise home alternate. I don't think the brown vest/white sleeves combo works. It just looks too unusual, and the extra break in the colors is jarring. But I'm not sure if I prefer the original brown jersey with pinstripes, or the white jersey/brown sleeves combo. So I'm very open to hearing any other opinions on that as we move forward.

Next team up in a bit.

Buffalo Freeze

Buffalo, NY

logo_prim.png

There are many issues with this identity that I'm still struggling with, but here it is. The Freeze's colors are sky blue, purple, and ice blue. The primary logo features a snarling yeti, with claws grasping the team wordmark. The logo was based on a sketch I made from an internet image many months ago, and I've been developing and tweaking it ever since. It was originally going to be for hockey, then football, and now I've adapted it here. I also created a snowflake logo, which is currently the alternate/sleeve patch, and the cap logo is simply a B set above the snowflake.

The Freeze wear white home uniforms with purple piping and multi-striped socks. The home alternate is sky blue, and it features an alternate cap with a white front panel and the snowflake logo. On the road, the unis are gray, and most of the sky blue pieces from the home set give way to purple. The piping switches to a purple/blue/purple pattern. The road alternate is purple. A more detailed look at the home and road wordmarks.

uni_home.png

uni_home_alt.png

uni_road.png

uni_road_alt.png

So here's my dilemma. It feels like I have two different themes going here: the yeti in the primary logo, but nowhere else; and the snowflake motif from the uniforms. I really love the yeti logo and want to use it (and didn't want another "team-name-in-a-circle-around-an-image" logo because I feel like I've made a lot of those), but if I do that, then I think I need to bring it into the uniforms more. But I also love the snowflake as a cap and sleeve logo, and think it works especially well as a cap logo by itself (which would mean I could use the B for Birmingham's cap without having 3 B-capped teams).

So what do you guys think?

Perhaps you could use the yeti head as a shoulder patch as a way to incorporate that logo into the uniforms. Or maybe the F with the paw wrapped round it.

rATMcmK.png

I think the Yeti, while very well-done, gives off a bit more of a minor-league hockey feel than you might be going for. Maybe it's just that the "cold" theme seems odd for baseball, considering that it's the quintessential summer sport.

Archived