Continental Independent Baseball League: the Expansion

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, we're interested in you continuing on. Your work is so good that people don't really comment, they quietly admire. Plus remember it's the summertime. It seems like activity dies down around here at this time.

Please continue.

I couldn't agree more, it's not a lack of interest. You're work is amazing, and I think people may not comment as much because there isn't really anything to improve upon or suggest. In fact, my only suggestion would be to darken the blue a bit, as it looks sort of like purple on my screen. Seriously, don't stop, you're one of the most talented artists on this board.

+2

I appreciate the two people who posted... but it seems like responses and interest in this series are dwindling. Is anyone interested in me completing this? Or should I just post all the work and call it quits?

Keep going if you have the time and energy. People are watching. Your thread here is one of the few reasons I still check this website every other day.

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks to everyone for the support. I was concerned that the views-to-posts ratio was way out of whack, but as long as the response to continue is so strong I'd love to continue. I've been really busy with other things for a while, but the next team should be up soon.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Jacksonville Tritons

Jacksonville, FL

logo_prim.png

The Tritons started as the Blue Wave, then became the Destroyers, then they ended up here. In Greek mythology, Triton in the son of Poseidon who carries a trident and uses a conch shell to control the sea and waves. The Tritons' colors are blue, navy, sea foam green, and light blue. There's definitely a minor-league feel to this concept's style. The cap logo is an encircled, stylized trident. (I couldn't get a J to work.) The alternate logo/sleeve patch is the same as the cap logo. Simple stuff.

The Tritons' unis feature wave-shaped sections of color and piping over the shoulders and on the pants. The home jersey is white, and the home alternate is blue. The road uniforms use the very light pale blue color, and there's a navy road alternate jersey. A more detailed look at the home and road wordmarks.

uni_home.png

uni_home_alt.png

uni_road.png

uni_road_alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Okay, since I was away when Hartford and Indianapolis were posted, I will give my C&C on those now as well as Jacksonville...

Hartford- Love the logos, perfect baseball-style logos. The color scheme is adventurous, and I'm not sure I love the striping on the shoulders. However, the overall scheme is good, and while I am not normally a fan of gradients, they look solid on your concepts. Since you didn't get any comments on the red alternate, I'll give you some feedback on that as well. It looks really nice IMO, and I would try using it as the home alt while using your current navy alt as the road alt. This is a solid concept.

Indianapolis- Love the theme you used with the torch, it's a very original brand and your effort to make very "Indiana" really hit the mark. The alternate logo with the state of Indiana is especially good. No complaints there.

Jacksonville- I LOVE the Tritons/Sea God brand, and wish it was used more often. Your primary logo is excellent, and the alt and cap logo is solid and clean-cut. I think the jerseys are a little too complicated right now, though. I think the color on the underarms should be taken out, because it clutters the jersey a little. Also, I think front numbers are unnecessary in this concept. The front of the jersey would not look blank without them, and it looks a little too crowded with them. If you are set on using front numbers, I think they should at least be matched with the color of the back numbers. Everything you have made for Jacksonville is great, I just think there are a few too many things going on.

Whew. Hope this helps, and I really can't wait for the rest of this series. Keep up the awesome work!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Now that someone's mentioned it, you've got what I call "sweat stain" patterning on the Jacksonville jerseys. I never think it's a good idea to isolate patterns in the armpits.

rATMcmK.png

I really like the actual logo/uniform work you did on this one, but I've got to question the name. Pluralizing the name of a deity seems a little strange to me. "Tridents", maybe? I don't know, I just can't imagine that in 1000 years we're going to see a team called the Mars Jesuses, if you see where I'm going with this. I hate singular team names, but this is a case where the pluralized name feels wrong; there is/was only one Triton, not a whole slew of them.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really like the actual logo/uniform work you did on this one, but I've got to question the name. Pluralizing the name of a deity seems a little strange to me. "Tridents", maybe? I don't know, I just can't imagine that in 1000 years we're going to see a team called the Mars Jesuses, if you see where I'm going with this. I hate singular team names, but this is a case where the pluralized name feels wrong; there is/was only one Triton, not a whole slew of them.

Black Hawk was a single individual yet we have the Chicago Blackhawks, so yes, your argument makes sense, but this wouldnt be the first time a team added an S to a person/deity.

Moving on...the logo looks really nice. I still think you could slap a baseball in the upper background just to distinguish this as a baseball logo, but it's up to you.

Good :censored: lord! That Tritons' set is flat-out gorgeous. I think you could do without the outline on the name on the back of the jersey, but otherwise, it's a really strong set. The numbers could match (front and back being same colors), but as they are now doesn't bother me a whole lot.

For me this is right up there with your old hockey stuff and Jaha's basketball work as simply some of the most beautifully rendered logos in this forum. Amazing work as usual. No particular comments at this time, just want you to know there are lots and lots of lurkers like myself who basically probably only come here for a select few threads. Figured I should pipe up and let you know!

Archived