swilson160

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting piece on PFT:

===

For first time ever, player jerseys were customized on site

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT

Backstage last night at Radio City Music Hall, well before the Chiefs? selection with the 11th pick in the draft was announced, I saw someone carrying a red jersey with white letters and yellow trim that had the name ?POE? on the back. I resisted the temptation (unlike another guy in the media who repeatedly took a page from his apple-eating Biblical namesake) to broadcast the pick via Twitter. Besides, I was more curious about something else.

How many different jerseys with ?POE? on the back were in the building, and how could I finagle one of them?

League spokesman Brian McCarthy has supplied the answer: None.

For the first time ever, Nike was customizing the jerseys on site. Thus, for any of the 26 men in the green room, a jersey would have been instantly prepared for any team taking any player.

Brian sent along the picture of the process, with the names of each player ready to be printed up and applied to the back of the jerseys.

So there will be no collector?s items this year or, apparently, in any future years, like the Colts jersey bearing the name and number of Ryan Leaf, which Dan Patrick has in his studio.

===

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Sure, it looks like garbage, but it could make him 1.8% faster and wick away 3.2% more sweat. We promise! I mean, if outfitting teams in such an absurd template just so causes idiots around the nation to say "the pros are wearing it, so I should buy it for my youth team", so be it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Interesting piece on PFT:

===

For first time ever, player jerseys were customized on site

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT

Backstage last night at Radio City Music Hall, well before the Chiefs? selection with the 11th pick in the draft was announced, I saw someone carrying a red jersey with white letters and yellow trim that had the name ?POE? on the back. I resisted the temptation (unlike another guy in the media who repeatedly took a page from his apple-eating Biblical namesake) to broadcast the pick via Twitter. Besides, I was more curious about something else.

How many different jerseys with ?POE? on the back were in the building, and how could I finagle one of them?

League spokesman Brian McCarthy has supplied the answer: None.

For the first time ever, Nike was customizing the jerseys on site. Thus, for any of the 26 men in the green room, a jersey would have been instantly prepared for any team taking any player.

Brian sent along the picture of the process, with the names of each player ready to be printed up and applied to the back of the jerseys.

So there will be no collector?s items this year or, apparently, in any future years, like the Colts jersey bearing the name and number of Ryan Leaf, which Dan Patrick has in his studio.

===

Crazy! My buddies and I were talking about this last night. I thought each team would bring in 20-30 jerseys with names already sewn for the event. My friend commented it'd be amazing if they were stitched at the draft. He was right.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

All the different greens from the 84 types of different cooling vents and performance flaps!

God that's garish.

20532ccc9d700140530a182068e0d033-getty-143446042.jpg

I want CWx's take on this. Fabric colors for $200 Alex!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

578465_10150735071290073_71671905072_9861482_277173922_n.jpg

Once again, I am very, very glad that the Packers resisted Nike's sales pitch.

Yep, I wish the Bears would have done the same. And that jersey will look even more ridiculous when worn by sweaty players, as the mesh will turn about 4 shades darker, almost looking black from a distance.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 4/27/2012 at 0:33 PM, Gothamite said:

Once again, I am very, very glad that the Packers resisted Nike's sales pitch.

I'm glad any team did. Hopefully, teams will see how ridiculous they look in comparison.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wonder if the fact that Nike said they had a little trouble matching up the Eagles "midnight green" was one of the factors that lead to them rejecting the Nike jerseys as well.

No jerseys, but for anyone who cares, Fletcher Cox has been assigned #91 for the Eagles. He was #94 in college but that's taken. He could go with #95 once Victor Abiamiri is finally officially off the roster.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived