Created by a 2 1/2 year old, Illustrated by her 33 year old Dad.

Funkatron101

My daughter, Lauren, loves to play pretend and often creates characters on the fly whiling playing. Some of these characters are so amusing that I decided to bring them to life in illustration form. Here are some examples of these characters.

https://www.facebook.com/FromTheMindOfLauren

Just thought some of you guys might find it amusing. I'm having a lot of fun drawing these up based on her descriptions. Microphone is my favorite, and Lauren was very particular as to what he looks like.

That is awesome stuff. She is blessed to have a parent talented enough to bring her characters to life.

From one dad to another ... :notworthy:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That is awesome stuff. She is blessed to have a parent talented enough to bring her characters to life.

From one dad to another ... :notworthy:

Thanks. She is actually helping me improve! When I showed her the first draft of Pepe Eño, she pointed at the sombrero and bandanna and said "I don't like that" Which caused me to ditch the bandanna and completely redo the sombrero.

The first two versions of Microphone that I showed her, she said "That's not MICROPHONE!" I was crushed, but tried one last time, asking her very specific questions about what Microphone looked like. Her response to the final version "Hey...That's Microphone!"

She is pretty darn bright for a toddler.

Love the Mexican robot lol

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Children's imaginations are amazing.

This is very true. I often wonder what it is that dulls some people's imaginations between early childhood and later years.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Children's imaginations are amazing.

This is very true. I often wonder what it is that dulls some people's imaginations between early childhood and later years.

I think it is a number of things. The desire to learn (or lack thereof), experience, media, the ability to comprehend your surroundings and growing responsibility are my best guesses.

Lauren is learning and growing at a rapid rate, but she still has to fill in the blanks when she doesn't completely understand something. This makes for some fantastic characters and story-telling. Her experience is still limited, but her learning mechanism is to process that through play.

She has definitely made me more in-tune to my imagination.

Those are awesome! Probably some of the best creations on this board in a long time. These have potential as characters for a series of children's books, especially the fish.

Thanks guys. I have preliminary plans to turn LaLa into a kids book. Lauren has been making a number of characters that can fit in that world. Sammy the Salmon, The Fella (which was a funny conversation) and Prop-Hat to name a few. This was the conversation about Prop-Hat while we were at a restaurant.

Lauren: "Once upon a time, there was a red, yucky fish. The End."

Me: "That's it? Not much of a plot! Does he at least have a name?"

Lauren: "Prop-hat."

Me: "I'll see what I can do."

If you guys enjoy the progress and story behind this, it would be awesome if you could "like" it or share it on your Facebook page. It would be fun to see the community grow!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool stuff--reminds me also of Tiny Art Director, where the guy has his daughter commission an art project and then she usually rejects it.

Great fun.

There's also this site-where a guy paints kids drawings in a more realistic manner.

thanks for sharing the other site...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Microphone is awesome!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Microphone is awesome!

^_^

I haven't updated the pages as frequently as I would like to. Things have been a little hectic for me lately. A major shake-up at my work, and an injury that requires minor surgery have taken much of my time. But Lauren definitely has more characters in the pipeline. Hopefully I will be able to wrap up two more characters this weekend to post.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived