Browns Facemask

Maxwell70

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt. Make it brown, orange or white. The grey facemask fad is exceptionally bad in pretty much every case in which it's been applied.

This means you, Buffalo, Indianapolis and San Francisco.

We can hope. The white looks so much better than gray. However, I imagine it won't be the case, since the gray facemask is part of their primary logo. I don't think they would make a decision to change the facemasks without updating their logo first.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

without going into the reasons of why grey works, ill just say this is the first ive seen anything about a white face mask for the Browns. this is also the first time ive seen THAT weird looking facemask. im guessing thats a rookie getting fitted for new equipment, as all the teams have recently done that, so he should be picking out his helmet. but this might just be a moment where its something he's trying on to get a feel for fit and size.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

No doubt. Make it brown, orange or white. The grey facemask fad is exceptionally bad in pretty much every case in which it's been applied.

>>>>

Not in every case .... and Arizona and the NYG also wear gray face-masks.

I hope that Buffalo stays with the gray. The Bills already wore blue masks with the white helmets in the late 70s and early 80s and they looked bad when wearing the blue home jersey. White helmets look terrible with white face-masks IMO. New England's 2009 throwbacks (60s) with the gray face-mask looked way better than their 70s throwback they now wear with the white mask.

There's nothing wrong with teams having a traditional-look, and that includes the gray face-mask.

>>>>

I hope that Buffalo stays with the gray. The Bills already wore blue masks with the white helmets in the late 70s and early 80s and they looked bad when wearing the blue home jersey. White helmets look terrible with white face-masks IMO. New England's 2009 throwbacks (60s) with the gray face-mask looked way better than their 80s throwback they now wear with the white mask.

There's nothing wrong with teams having a traditional-look, at that includes the gray face-mask.

Amen!!! Grey looks amazing for the Bills, Cardinals, 49ers, Giants, Colts. Maybe white's OK for Cleveland... but GREY ALL THE WAY!!!

>>>>

I hope that Buffalo stays with the gray. The Bills already wore blue masks with the white helmets in the late 70s and early 80s and they looked bad when wearing the blue home jersey. White helmets look terrible with white face-masks IMO. New England's 2009 throwbacks (60s) with the gray face-mask looked way better than their 80s throwback they now wear with the white mask.

There's nothing wrong with teams having a traditional-look, at that includes the gray face-mask.

Amen!!! Grey looks amazing for the Bills, Cardinals, 49ers, Giants, Colts. Maybe white's OK for Cleveland... but GREY ALL THE WAY!!!

Agree with Bills, 49ers, Giants, Colts and Browns, but NOT the Cardinals. They have a very modern uniform design that clashes with the traditional classic gray facemask.

Grey looks good on the Giants. I'd prefer navy for the Cowboys and black for the Raiders, but I can deal with grey. Doesn't look good on any of the other teams. It looks especially bad on the Browns, 49ers.

Grey is a neutral color, but it is NOT the neutral facemask color. This isn't 1970. Facemasks are colored at the manufacturing level, not painted by the equipment manager. Teams should wear grey facemasks no more than they should wear tan pants. What once was necessary due to logistics no longer is.

I prefer white facemasks for the browns. Without a logo, the gray facemask makes the helmet feel incomplete. The white helps bring the helmet and the rest of the uniform together.

PvO6ZWJ.png

>>>>

I hope that Buffalo stays with the gray. The Bills already wore blue masks with the white helmets in the late 70s and early 80s and they looked bad when wearing the blue home jersey. White helmets look terrible with white face-masks IMO. New England's 2009 throwbacks (60s) with the gray face-mask looked way better than their 70s throwback they now wear with the white mask.

There's nothing wrong with teams having a traditional-look, and that includes the gray face-mask.

Absolutely disagree. It's been run into the ground here a thousand times, but I'm always of the opinion that gratuitous grey (Indianapolis, Buffalo, San Fran, Cleveland) is an artificial attempt to harken to "the good ole days," and yet falls outside the spectrum of the color set of the team, creating an odd, single instance of grey. True, it's not a clashing bright color, but still is a clash. In sports/graphic design, and also in any fine art composition, the repetition of color is a big benefit to any piece, even if it is subtle. In all of the instances of the gratuitous grey, there's no repetition of the grey anywhere else at all (which is why it works in the case of the Giants), and thus is counter-intuitive to good composition.

>>>>

Absolutely disagree. It's been run into the ground here a thousand times, but I'm always of the opinion that gratuitous grey (Indianapolis, Buffalo, San Fran, Cleveland) is an artificial attempt to harken to "the good ole days," and yet falls outside the spectrum of the color set of the team, creating an odd, single instance of grey. True, it's not a clashing bright color, but still is a clash. In sports/graphic design, and also in any fine art composition, the repetition of color is a big benefit to any piece, even if it is subtle. In all of the instances of the gratuitous grey, there's no repetition of the grey anywhere else at all (which is why it works in the case of the Giants), and thus is counter-intuitive to good composition.

This. It absolutely ruined the Colts look and does not do the other teams favors. Gray facemasks should only be used by teams with gray or silver in their schemes (and I'd still prefer the Giants not use them, but it at least makes sense) and I suppose "grandfathered" to teams that never went away from it (only the Cardinals in the NFL, I think). Otherwise it looks like they are just trying to hard to be "retro" or "old school" or whatever; particularly on more modern uniforms (see Boise State and the Cardinals, to whom I give a pass, but I'd definitely prefer they switch).

As for the Browns, I'd love a Brown mask, but I'd take white if offered...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm fine with gray or white. I grew up with the Browns wearing gray facemasks so it doesn't look weird to me, and I like retro looks. But I also really liked the white. The one thing I hope they never do is go with a brown or orange facemask.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm fine with gray or white. I grew up with the Browns wearing gray facemasks so it doesn't look weird to me, and I like retro looks. But I also really liked the white. The one thing I hope they never do is go with a brown or orange facemask.

Browns should go back to white facemasks and orange pants, which they used as a throwback around 2003. Steelers should return to gray facemasks, which they wore prior to 1977.

>>>>

Giants get a pass in my mind because they wear grey pants.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived