ESPN/ABC NBA 3D logos

Lee Noire

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the team for me. There's some decent cases out there, but others are horrendous. Case in point, the Clippers. The only place that's correctly filled in as white is the ball, leaving the background behind the first few letters transparent. Looks awful.

Personally, I prefer the old NBA on NBC treatment:

0.jpg

They always did a great job of adding depth to the graphic without going overboard. It always looked sharp, no matter which team was featured.

See.. I grew very tired of that NBC graphics package, mainly because they used that from 1999 all the way to 2006 IIRC. They only changed it once they got Sunday Night Football

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

It depends on the team for me. There's some decent cases out there, but others are horrendous. Case in point, the Clippers. The only place that's correctly filled in as white is the ball, leaving the background behind the first few letters transparent. Looks awful.

Personally, I prefer the old NBA on NBC treatment:

0.jpg

They always did a great job of adding depth to the graphic without going overboard. It always looked sharp, no matter which team was featured.

See.. I grew very tired of that NBC graphics package, mainly because they used that from 1999 all the way to 2006 IIRC. They only changed it once they got Sunday Night Football

I am very different from you then. I associate that graphic package with a big time basketball game. You couple that with the awesome theme! That got me excited to watch.

packchampionslfroh.png

There's just something about the lighting that throws it off. Too much of a "glossy" treatment to me. Makes them look ballooned and plastic...

Yea i mentioned that balloon effect a few post back. I think that was what they were going for. An attempt to make the logos like real, tangible structures.

• 9 months later...

NBC Sports from 2002-2006 basically consisted of Olympics, arena football, and the World Series of Wallpaper Pasting. No real impetus to spruce it up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NBC Sports from 2002-2006 basically consisted of Olympics, arena football, and the World Series of Wallpaper Pasting. No real impetus to spruce it up.

and NASCAR!

Well... completely dictated by Turner but yes NASCAR

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

and NASCAR!

Well... completely dictated by Turner but yes NASCAR

I bet when Bob Costas realized that NBC Sports had nothing after the Olympics, he was thinking, "s#it!, we're screwed!!!"

Archived