ESPN/ABC NBA 3D logos

Lee Noire

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad this thread has life again. I wanted to make a post about the new background effects but didn't have the pics to back it up. Nice post lordsketor.

These are really cool and really make the logos come alive. Because the NBA/ESPN schedule is really top tier team heavy I haven't seen the logo effects for the Pels or a few other til today. New Orleans' is awesome. I wish these were GIFs though because most of these have motion, like Brooklyn's subway or the Clippers ships.

I hadn't seen any of these before. Most of them are absolutely fantastic. A few could be improved IMO. LOVE what they did for the Pels though.

Not my favorite team, but you are right the Pels "logo scene" is probably the best. The 3D treatment is pretty good too.

Some of these are really clever. Take the Bulls for example. Instead of going for something Chicago-esque, they play off the Bulls name with a red matador cape, bullfighting ring, and roses falling from the sky. Pretty cool. I don't see the Wizards or the Bobcats yet. Hopefully they get on TV soon.

The skyline in the Celtics logo isn't really recognizably Boston -- I'd suggest using the Zakim Bridge, which runs right next to the Garden (and, coincidentally, is the base of a very similar 3D treatment that the Garden jumbotron uses during games). However I've got to give them credit for the parquet stripe, which is a great detail.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken Atlanta and Memphis share their backgrounds on those logos.

Memphis has the Smokey Mountains while Atlanta has the Georgia Forest with bird feathers.
*Smoky Mountains. Everyone there (or at least from what I've seen around every tourist trap and hiking trail down there) calls it the Smoky Mountains, or just the Smokies.

Having the Smokies for Memphis makes no sense geographically. Yes, their in the same state, but Charlotte is actually closer to the Smokies than Memphis. There wasn't anything related to Memphis or Grizzlies that they could have used as a background?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I have updated my page, i posted some screenshots from NBA Coast to Coast, gives us an idea of the "logo treatment" in 2D.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115118110053004412228/albums/5968099892892433681?hl=en_US

mind you i posted the teams which are unlikely to be shown in ESPN.

Which is too bad because I actually saw the Wizards version earlier this season and it was pretty cool. Shame it may not see TV again this year. It was the logo floating in a cloudy, star abundant, night sky. It was very fantasy based, which is perfect for a team with a nickname based on a fantasy based figure.

I have updated my page, i posted some screenshots from NBA Coast to Coast, gives us an idea of the "logo treatment" in 2D.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115118110053004412228/albums/5968099892892433681?hl=en_US

Which is too bad because I actually saw the Wizards version earlier this season and it was pretty cool. Shame it may not see TV again this year. It was the logo floating in a cloudy, star abundant, night sky. It was very fantasy based, which is perfect for a team with a nickname based on a fantasy based figure.

Do you know which Espn program you seen it from???

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

It was a commercial for a game in which the Wizards were playing. It was a few weeks back actually. One of those wednesday games I think.

It was a commercial for a game in which the Wizards were playing. It was a few weeks back actually. One of those wednesday games I think.

The Wizards is not on ESPN this whole season so far, as i recall.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

The Wizards is not on ESPN this whole season so far, as i recall.

Strange. I know I saw it. Maybe I'm losing my mind.

• 1 month later...

Archived