new logo for my blog

1990hornet

I prefer the original. Perhaps try it with the Rays official colours and font?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

first, that is the official colors. second, I don't know the exact font they use.

Parts of it may be the official colours, but because it's a gradient, some of it isn't.

If you can't get the official font, then at least switch to something with serifs.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If the official font isn't times new roman, then they coulda fooled me.

(ok too not make this a pointless rays-logo bashing post, I'll tell you i like the old logo better, just needs a better placement of the sunburst.. But the unique font is better than the new one )

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I like it, however I'm worried about copyright infringement with that. Good work though. :)

yeah thats my one worry, but hey i was bored, thought itd be a neat personal thing to hold for yourself. i dont mind helping, have a bit of a break for a few weeks.

If you have another, more realistic idea when it comes to use, I'd be willing to look.

I like it, however I'm worried about copyright infringement with that. Good work though. :)

yeah thats my one worry, but hey i was bored, thought itd be a neat personal thing to hold for yourself. i dont mind helping, have a bit of a break for a few weeks.

If you have another, more realistic idea when it comes to use, I'd be willing to look.

What if you shrank the R and removed the diamond? Then it's just the same font.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If you got rid of that horrible yellow thing - yeah I know it's in the Rays logo, but it's still horrible - you'll be heading in the right direction. The other thing, is if you're going to do it generic, then put it on one line. I just don't see why you don't create a script and create a baseball type logo and be done with it. That would be so much better and so much more logical.

Here's another idea I came up with. Yes I tried some serif fonts but I didn't like it.

logoidea2.png

Major problem I have is that the baseball's got a lot of artifacts in comparison to the rest of the image. The "burst" is kinda awkwardly splattered there. I'll try to show an idea of what I would suggest when I get home and have photoshop.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Brays.gif

I don't know the year you started so if you like it enough I can replace the XXXX with the year ETC. This was my other idea.

I like it (we started last year), you don't mind if I use this once you fix the year do you?

Archived