Mariners teal bill caps

So along the lines of jake22's campaign to get the Rockies to wear striped stirrups, I too have an ambitious goal, and that is to get the Seattle Mariners to wear their teal bill caps at home full-time. It's great that they have brought them back to wear for Monday and Friday home games with the teal jerseys, but they would brighten up the regular home whites considerably. Right now the navy on white is so overplayed; the Tigers, Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Padres, and Brewers all wear solid navy caps at home and this would be the perfect time for the Mariners to continue to make teal their own once again. And I admit there's a little bit of nostalgia there too since they wore the teal bills during the glory days of '95 and even a little bit into the 2001 season, and they were worn by the likes of Buhner, Junior, Edgar and the Big Unit. I plan on making it out to a few games this summer and attempting to contact the powers that be, as well as maybe talking to the players about it while they are making their rounds signing autographs before game time. Wish me luck!

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck, man!

That is all I have to say.

Except that I hope you succeed. I like those caps.

Why

must you

make

useless posts?

P.S. I really hope you make this happen. The teal brims would make the Mariners one of the best looking teams in baseball.

Do they wear them semi regularly now?

Currently they only wear them with the teal alt jerseys. They haven't worn them with the regular home whites since 2002, but even that year they only wore them twice.

I agree that the teal bill should be the home cap and the all navy should be the away.

I agree that the teal bill should be the home cap and the all navy should be the away.

Other than any potential sales issues (i.e., the team wanting to sell more caps by having two different ones), I think the M's would benefit from wearing the teal-billed cap full-time.

That's what the O's did (well, with the orange bill) and it just makes the uniform look so much brighter and more lively.

It also does a better job of embracing a team's more "unique" color, which I think more teams need to do.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Not really fan of the teal bill. I prefer when our and other teams' hats/bills are the same color.

79330774_detail.png

And this coming from a fellow Washingtonian...ouch. Nah it's okay, I respect your opinion. But your little creation there makes me begin to wonder what an all teal M's cap would look like on the field.

Their sets should be like this:

2010-1995c.jpg

griffey-tino.jpg

alex-rodriguez.52626823.jpg

griffey-Arod.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Not really fan of the teal bill. I prefer when our and other teams' hats/bills are the same color.

79330774_detail.png

And this coming from a fellow Washingtonian...ouch. Nah it's okay, I respect your opinion. But your little creation there makes me begin to wonder what an all teal M's cap would look like on the field.

I know, sorry. I just don't care for 2-tone ballcaps. Something about them seems too complicated.

79330774_detail.png

I know, sorry. I just don't care for 2-tone ballcaps. Something about them seems too complicated.

I prefer one-color caps as well, but not all two-toned ones are bad, and in this case, far superior to the alternative. It's a case-by-case basis.

2010-1995c.jpg

griffey-tino.jpg

griffey-Arod.jpg

+1. I don't mind the all navy caps at home, but this is all-around as close to perfection as possible.

Yes, pretty much like they had it when they started their glory years (1995). They switched to all-navy caps (unofficially) during the big 114-win season.

navy blue and teal is such a great color scheme. It's nice to see the Mariners starting to inch more teal back into their look.

Did you know, the Mariners have now worn navy blue and teal longer than they wore blue and yellow?

PvO6ZWJ.png

2010-1995c.jpg

griffey-tino.jpg

griffey-Arod.jpg

+1. I don't mind the all navy caps at home, but this is all-around as close to perfection as possible.

Yes, pretty much like they had it when they started their glory years (1995). They switched to all-navy caps (unofficially) during the big 114-win season.

Sorry to be the stats nazi, but they won 116 that year (2001). And actually, the all-navy caps were first worn at home in 1997, and they were gradually phased out until they were worn for the last time in May or June of 2002.

2010-1995c.jpg

griffey-tino.jpg

griffey-Arod.jpg

Ah, I was right with you until that last one.

The blue-jersey look is so drab, it is in desperate need of a teal bill. If they're going to wear it at all, that's where they should wear it.

I'd use the all-navy cap with home and roads, and the alternate cap with both alternate jerseys.

Archived