Good Albums With Bad Artwork

The_Admiral

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, infrared41 said:

the size of the crowd or the building has no effect on the quality of the music. 

I'll agree with you on the size of the crowd but the building can have a massive impact on the quality of the music. Acoustics are very important.

• 1 month later...

Musically, one of the greatest rock albums ever recorded. Visually, just blah. 

DS_Brothers_in_Arms.jpg

-----------------

I own this own this on vinyl and look at the cover regularly, and still have trouble figuring out everything that's going on. Phenomenal jazz album though.

Weather_Report-Heavy_Weather.jpg

-----------------

An absolutely beautiful and haunting folk album that has the same issues a lot of 60s albums have, boring with a strange layout.

Five_Leaves_Left.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

14 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The album isn't even out yet but yikes, this is what you choose for your comeback record. Not entirely promising. 

IMG_1416.JPG

Infinite_jest_cover.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just found this album for $0.49 at a Salvation Army and upon repeated listen, it's pretty good!

However, I've absolutely HATED the cover ever since the day it came out. It still irrationally bugs me and I have no idea why.

Beyonc%C3%A9_-_B'Day.png

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On 8/30/2017 at 9:29 PM, Germanshepherd said:

The album isn't even out yet but yikes, this is what you choose for your comeback record. Not entirely promising. 

IMG_1416.JPG

What I don't understand is why there is no visual separation between the band name and the album title. If you didn't know any better, you could assume the band American Dream is releasing the album "LCD Soundsystem." There should be a space, different font colors, different sizes, something.

Avett Brothers-I And Love And You 

This is one of my favourite Americana/folk albums, but I just don't get the cover. IMG_0048.JPG.3ee8bb27d6cb3e84845cdd249bc70131.JPG

Foo Fighters-Wasting Light

One of the Foos' best albums, the only song on it I don't like is "Rope". But the cover is kinda lame, and kinda dumb (For the record, my favourite Foos album is Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace and the cover for that is great).

IMG_0049.JPG.d9bb8413a9bd0ab7994a94175b91ed28.JPG

Green Day-Warning

I know this album isn't anyone's favourite and doesn't have a great reputation but I like it, damnit.

IMG_0050.JPG.cb8e87445bc64f358b98615ed9dbadf7.JPG

The Horrible Crowes-Elsie

While this isn't as good as anything the Gaslight Anthem ever did, I just really love Brian Fallon. The cover, though, is blaaaaah.

IMG_0051.JPG.2dc8bc4209e732b7f56aee7a949a6c17.JPG

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, it's not bad. It reminds me of King Crimson's '80s trilogy a little bit with the abstract art and magenta/blue/yellow. But all three of those albums are better than 90125. I think Fragile is the only Yes album I really like.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Do you remember being really bummed when the closing music started? I sure did. It kind of had the same impact of Lord Alfred Hayes' "Promotional consideration was paid for by the following" signalling the end of WWF Superstars.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived