the admiral

Good Albums With Bad Artwork

Evan    0

They shoulda just altered some Pavement albums cover. This is just freaky and

yuck__.jpg?w=500

Thomas Dolby's The Golden Age of Wireless is fantastic. However, the cover is just lame.

161551.jpg

Morgo    2,151

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

Pavement-Crooked-Rain-Crooked-Rain.jpg

Whaaat?

That's a great album cover (like all their records). It was the perfect counterpoint to the Slanted and Enchanted cover released 2 years prior

OnWis97    2,303

The award for the absolute worst album cover ever SHOULD go to the Scorpions for the original artwork to the album "Virgin Killer" I don't want to see it again, so a quick Google search should suffice.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR PUBLIC!!!

What makes that cover even more disturbing is how some of the band stood by that cover for a while. Over time they have lessened their "support" but still...

I had never heard of this. So I googled it. I wish I had not. That was all kinds of disturbing.

JGCleveland    0

de-la-soul-3-feet-high-and-rising.jpg

I actually have always liked this cover. From a design standpoint it's a mess, but I think it really captured the sound and style of De La Soul, along with the time it was made, so it worked.

Anways:

cover_aquemini9-1_08.jpg

Morgo    2,151

Anways:

cover_aquemini9-1_08.jpg

It'd be forgivable without the lense flares

the admiral    10,616

Did you know all those horrid Pen & Pixel covers are basically done on an assembly line? I saw some British documentary on it. Some guy just cranks out various tropes and throws them together with no real thought.

Orgo    64

death-grips-the-money-store.jpg

:shocked:

BRM_PTX    2

cover__joshua-tree.jpg

beach-boys-pet_sounds.jpg

Not necessarily bad, just bland. For Joshua Tree they should've had a picture of the actual Joshua Tree with a simple and small "U2" in one of the corners. Apologies for the HUGE pictures.

EddieJ1984    303

Per wikipedia

The album's artwork, featuring a plastic skull with tinfoil, was not intended to be the original artwork.[10] Both Mustaine and Ellefson had many phone conversations with Combat Records to get the cover artwork properly reproduced from a sketch given to them by Mustaine of a picture of Megadeth mascot Vic Rattlehead on the cover. However the studio lost the artwork, and instead made their own improvised and low-budget replacement, with which Mustaine and the whole band were mortified.[4]

Megadeth+-+Killing+Is+My+Business...+And

cappital92    46

Cant_buy_a_tcant_buy_a_thrill.jpg

This cover was banned in Spain. The reason it was banned was because of the prostitutes, but can we just pretend it was because of the use of Mistral?