Good Albums With Bad Artwork

The_Admiral

They shoulda just altered some Pavement albums cover. This is just freaky and

yuck__.jpg?w=500

Thomas Dolby's The Golden Age of Wireless is fantastic. However, the cover is just lame.

161551.jpg

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The award for the absolute worst album cover ever SHOULD go to the Scorpions for the original artwork to the album "Virgin Killer" I don't want to see it again, so a quick Google search should suffice.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR PUBLIC!!!

What makes that cover even more disturbing is how some of the band stood by that cover for a while. Over time they have lessened their "support" but still...

I had never heard of this. So I googled it. I wish I had not. That was all kinds of disturbing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Did you know all those horrid Pen & Pixel covers are basically done on an assembly line? I saw some British documentary on it. Some guy just cranks out various tropes and throws them together with no real thought.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

cover__joshua-tree.jpg

beach-boys-pet_sounds.jpg

Not necessarily bad, just bland. For Joshua Tree they should've had a picture of the actual Joshua Tree with a simple and small "U2" in one of the corners. Apologies for the HUGE pictures.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

• 1 year later...

Per wikipedia

The album's artwork, featuring a plastic skull with tinfoil, was not intended to be the original artwork.[10] Both Mustaine and Ellefson had many phone conversations with Combat Records to get the cover artwork properly reproduced from a sketch given to them by Mustaine of a picture of Megadeth mascot Vic Rattlehead on the cover. However the studio lost the artwork, and instead made their own improvised and low-budget replacement, with which Mustaine and the whole band were mortified.[4]

Megadeth+-+Killing+Is+My+Business...+And

Archived