Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

Personally I want the Hornets name to return home, however, it appears that people on BobcatsPlanet have been talking about new colors for this season and posted pictures from Fansedge. I came here expecting to find some posts on it, but nothing that I could tell from search, I was at the beach this week so I'm just getting around to digging up information on it. Anyway it looked like a dark navy, orange, grey, and a form of denim blue. Anyone have any information? Thanks.

Reference picture: https://p.twimg.com/AuVUG12CAAMyP13.jpg

Seems a little silly to me to just do a mild recoloring...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, it seems like they're de-emphasizing orange now. It just doesnt really fit in anymore on that logo. Regardless, I still think they should just go and rename the team already. They've already tweaked so many things since their inception, I don't see why they wouldn't change the name too. It's not like they'd lose anymore money than they have with all the fees they'd have to pay to the league for an identity overhaul.

I feel like people don't like the Bobcats uniforms, I saw some Bleacher Report article saying they're the worst in the NBA. Granted I despise Bleacher Report and try to never go on that website. I like the current colors and uniforms, maybe a tweak or two a way from being perfect IMO. It just seems odd. There is more stuff on that website, so I don't know. It would seem odd to make such a minor tweak like that instead of just going ahead and overhauling. I think currently they're very good, the logos I'm not a big fan of as they stand and those could be altered or just overall replaced. Anyway if anyone gets more information please post it in here.

Did a quick mockup. I think its an upgrade. Who uses a grey basketball anyways?

bobcats.png

Downgrade. The basketball may be the right color, but it loses the emphasis on (theoretically) the most important part of the logo. Interestingly, if this change were made...they would be only the 5th team (of 20) in the NBA that uses a "proper" colored basketball. ^_^

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

So the bobcat part of the logo will be colored more like a bobcat, and the basketball part will be colored more like a basketball. Not sure how much you can read into that.

I can't tell based on these pics, but the one thing I'd really like to see is the blue changed from that awful Seahawks blue-gray. Heck, even the Seahawks themselves were smart enough to ditch it.

It's not a fashion cap. It's their 2012 draft cap. Adidas made them for every team, with their correct coloring.

http://www.fansedge.com/NBA-Merchandise-_-1907280845_PG.html?searchType=3&search=adidas+2012+draft+cap

The Bobcats version was pulled from several vendors online (NBA.com, FansEdge, Dick's, etc.) My guess was the team didn't want the new coloring to be leaked without them having made any announcement.

The 1988 expansion team that Charlotte got, which moved to New Orleans and had to play in Oklahoma City for a while, has been through so much as the Hornets that it can't be taken away and slapped on the other Charlotte team. If "Hornets" had been retired upon their relocation, I'd be fine with reinstating it, but there's too much continuity in the Hornets franchise to scrap all that this late in the game. Yes, Bobcats is kind of lame, and yes, their identity gets more and more muddled and disorganized with every tweak, but they should just try to make the best of it now, especially since their assumption of the Hornets moniker would mean the New Orleans team would have to be called the Archangels or the Crayfish or the Dixieland or something predictably insipid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also all current Bobcats gear all across the net is on clearance. Looks like something is in the works.

A mercy-killing of the franchise? Please?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Charlotte Grizcats? Seriously, another team with 2 shades of blue? And not even done well. Grey, 2 blues, and a lessening of orange? What? Why? It's stupid to have such a bright color occupy only so little of the logo. That's like switching the red for the grey in the Atlanta Hawks logo. Or the green for the gold in the Celtics logo.

Come to think of recolorings, The new Wizards primary logo is also really stupid. And the Cavaliers, terrible. And the Knicks, just why? These logos weren't designed to fall victim to the MS Paint Paint bucket tool. The Jazz isn't bad, but really, its the third time in 15 years recoloring that logo. And the jersey script has NOTHING to do with the primary. It's just a hodgepodge. I really don't approve of what adidas has done to the NBA. And Brooklyn looks terrible already, rec-league, like an entire team from the D-League got called up and kept the same gear/logos. Oklahoma City and Brooklyn fall into the 'placeholder' identities of the NBA.

It's not a fashion cap. It's their 2012 draft cap. Adidas made them for every team, with their correct coloring.

http://www.fansedge.com/NBA-Merchandise-_-1907280845_PG.html?searchType=3&search=adidas+2012+draft+cap

The Bobcats version was pulled from several vendors online (NBA.com, FansEdge, Dick's, etc.) My guess was the team didn't want the new coloring to be leaked without them having made any announcement.

On an aside did any one else notice the only team to use its location as the main focal point of the hat as apposed to the mascot was the BROOKLYN nets?

Anyways, I feel like at best this is a lateral movement for the B**cats. If you truly are gonna consider reverting back to the Hornets in the future why waste the time, effort and resources to do this now? And they just changed their uniforms 3 years ago so what puzzles me is the addition of the new blue color because I don't see them applying that to the uniforms but maybe I'm wrong. Also the re-colored secondary logo on the hat doesn't look as sharp as the old one to me which is a shame because that was the strongest piece of branding we had IMO. So as I said before lateral movement at best but it's looking like a downgrade solely because even if they unveil some really great new uniforms and a sharp new logo to go with the re-colored old ones it still further dilutes an already weak brand.

Archived