Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

Charlotte Grizcats? Seriously, another team with 2 shades of blue? And not even done well. Grey, 2 blues, and a lessening of orange? What? Why? It's stupid to have such a bright color occupy only so little of the logo. That's like switching the red for the grey in the Atlanta Hawks logo. Or the green for the gold in the Celtics logo.

Come to think of recolorings, The new Wizards primary logo is also really stupid. And the Cavaliers, terrible. And the Knicks, just why? These logos weren't designed to fall victim to the MS Paint Paint bucket tool. The Jazz isn't bad, but really, its the third time in 15 years recoloring that logo. And the jersey script has NOTHING to do with the primary. It's just a hodgepodge. I really don't approve of what adidas has done to the NBA. And Brooklyn looks terrible already, rec-league, like an entire team from the D-League got called up and kept the same gear/logos. Oklahoma City and Brooklyn fall into the 'placeholder' identities of the NBA.

Not all the team visuals and the decisions that are made regarding them are up to adidas.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought the Bobcats' primary was as bad as people made it out to be. Thinking of some of the other stinkers around in 2004-05, like the Nets, the Wizards, and the first hastily recolored Jazz, it wasn't all that bad. I don't even think "Bobcats" is all that bad a name for a team in the Carolinas, either. The problem is that they've whittled away at their original identity instead of just redoing it, to the point that it's become a big jury-rigged mess because nothing looks as originally intended but still clings tenuously to the original design.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So is the bobcat staying orange in the primary but changing to gray in the secondary?

Even if these colors end up being old Seahawk blue and old Angels perriwinkle, I just get the feeling they're going to look like just another double-blue team (with a touch of orange that ultimately makes little impact).

Also, the Miami Heat cap looks as burgundy as that Bucks bill. I know they use a darker shade of red, but it looks a touch dark, too.

Never thought the Bobcats' primary was as bad as people made it out to be. Thinking of some of the other stinkers around in 2004-05, like the Nets, the Wizards, and the first hastily recolored Jazz, it wasn't all that bad. I don't even think "Bobcats" is all that bad a name for a team in the Carolinas, either. The problem is that they've whittled away at their original identity instead of just redoing it, to the point that it's become a big jury-rigged mess because nothing looks as originally intended but still clings tenuously to the original design.

I agree with most of this, sans the primary logo not being that bad. It just seems a bit to clunky. That being said, I'm a fan of every other logo they've used on the uniforms. The identity was never that bad to begin with, and I agree, I don't get the hate for the Bobcats name.

I guess I get the annoyance that it "named the team after the first owner" but still, it's not a bad name in and of itself. It seems appropriate for the region.

I thought it might be interesting if Jordan tried to make the Bobcats look like the Bulls, within the parameters of the Bobcats' colors and logos. Picture orange jerseys with arched serif-block "Charlotte" in slate blue outlined in white. Red=orange, black-blue, basically. It would be better than what they're trying to do now with mixing the Hornets, the Tar Heels, and some remnants of the original Bobcats design into this over-tinkered thing they have going now. It'd be simple, at least.

Did a quick mockup. I think its an upgrade. Who uses a grey basketball anyways?

bobcats.png

Slowly evolving to the North Carolina Tarheels colourways

Just do it already. To me, there is nothing more Carolina than Carolina blue and to not have that as the primary color just seems off. Use and embrace the blue.

Did a quick mockup. I think its an upgrade. Who uses a grey basketball anyways?

bobcats.png

Slowly evolving to the North Carolina Tarheels colourways

Just do it already. To me, there is nothing more Carolina than Carolina blue and to not have that as the primary color just seems off. Use and embrace the blue.

Not quite Carolina blue. I actually, as a huge Heels fan, don't want to see the Bobcats use the exact shade of Carolina Blue. The "denim" blue used above is quite nice, actually...

It looks like the medium blue that the Memphis Grizzlies use. I don't mind the new color scheme, but leave it to the crappy old Bobcats to really get on board with this two-tone blue thing eight years late.

They have a fan club?

Jeez, move 'em Cats to Seattle and call it a day.

Yea... No. Let's unbalance the schedule and divsions even more! Charlotte deserves a team, just need time to get resituated after Bob made a mess of the franchise.

On that basketball goal, I am really not in favor of that silver bobcat head. It looks okay on the circular logo, but not on the side shot... I was also hoping they would ditch that logo once and for all with this new color change, but I guess I am sadly mistaken

They have a fan club?

Yea... No. Let's unbalance the schedule and divsions even more! Charlotte deserves a team, just need time to get resituated after Bob made a mess of the franchise.

Unbalance? Memphis could easily move to the Southeast Division. Oklahoma City to southwest and Seattle to the Northwest. It's pretty simple. ^_^

With that said, too many teams in the NBA are going to this navy, (insert tone) blue scheme. Just go back to the hornets. And get rid of the profile stance bobcat logo. Looks weird.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

They have a fan club?

Unbalance? Memphis could easily move to the Southeast Division. Oklahoma City to southwest and Seattle to the Northwest. It's pretty simple. ^_^

With that said, too many teams in the NBA are going to this navy, (insert tone) blue scheme. Just go back to the hornets. And get rid of the profile stance bobcat logo. Looks weird.

and bring the Jazz back to New Orleans already. utah can pick something else

Could they not add some orange highlights or maybe even just an orange eye to liven up that logo?? What's worse is the inclusion of white for "bobcats" which makes the grey even duller and makes the bobcat get lost. I'm not against the grey/gray bobcat but i'm not a fan of the execution.

The recoloured alternate is an upgrade IMO, but the recoloured primary is a serious downgrade. The bobcat looks so dull, especially compared to the wordmark, so my attention goes to that first as opposed to the actual "logo" portion.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

and bring the Jazz back to New Orleans already. utah can pick something else

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived